PDA

View Full Version : Paralytic Aura, Covering Fire, Locker and stacking same named effects

Unseen
02-08-2011, 12:08 PM
Spun off from another thread.

A model entering two Covering Fire AOEs suffers the effect of both.
A model caught in 2 Locker AOEs is effected by both.
A model caught in the AOE of 2 models using Paralytic Aura only gets the benefit/debuff once.

Why the difference?

rydiafan
02-08-2011, 12:12 PM
Here is the same Infernal ruling I posted in the other thread.

Well, it's not because a rule is named the same as another rule that you can't be affected by both. Two overlapping Covering Fire Templates generate two damage rolls, for example. You can have 2 or more models with Shield Guard covering the same model. 2 or more Extollers eligible to get the same soul with Gatekeeper (although only one would get it). A unit can be affected by 2 or more models with the Commander advantage. I could threaten to go on :)

This is different from identical rules that don't stack, like Paralytic Aura, which means the bonus is +2 instead of +4.

In the case of 2 Lockers, I'd put that in the first category. I don't know what it would mean to 'stack' an effect that pulls you left with an effect that pulls you right.

Unseen
02-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Saw that immediatly after hitting the post reply button.
Thanks for quick response.

rydiafan
02-08-2011, 12:15 PM
To expound a little on the logic...

Two Dark Shrouds are doing the same thing: -2 ARM
Two Lockers are doing different things: One is pulling you towards model A and one is pulling you towards model B
Two Covering Fires are doing different things: Template A is damaging you for entering template A, and template B is damaging you for entering template B.