PDA

View Full Version : Can a Stealth model be charged?

Saint-Ex
02-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Simple question really but here is a second one. If model A declares a charge on model B and during that charge makes contact with a stealth model is this one attacked. My understanding would be that the charge fails.

Correct?

Masanori
02-08-2011, 02:09 PM
Yes u failed the charge. Stealth does not make them incorporeal, they are still there. So they are still intervening models not for LOS when you are declaring the charge target but as intervening models that are standing in the way of your charge target.

BTW not always auto fail, depends on size of the target, who is charging, and distance between you and charge target.but to answer yer question regarding the situation above yes.

Saint-Ex
02-08-2011, 02:12 PM
To come back to the original question Can a melle attck be declared on a steath model if it is farter then 5"?
My idea was that since it is steath and a not intervening model it can't be seen thus no LOS>

Valander
02-08-2011, 02:14 PM
Stealth has no effect on anything except ranged or magic attacks from > 5" away. A model with Stealth still cannot be moved over, and thus will cause a failed charge if it is contacted during a charge move and is not the charge target.

Also, your title is "Can a Stealth model be charged?" Again, Stealth has no impact on anything except ranged/magic attack rolls from more than 5" away; it does not interact at all with targeting.

Mod_Redphantasm
02-08-2011, 02:15 PM
To come back to the original question Can a melle attck be declared on a steath model if it is farter then 5"?
My idea was that since it is steath and a not intervening model it can't be seen thus no LOS>

Stealth has no effect on melee attacks.

You cannot declare a melee attack on a target that is not in your melee range.

A stealth model can absolutely be seen from any distance. It can be attacked by a ranged weapon from any range. However, if the attacker is farther then 5" away and does not ignore stealth, the attack will miss. If the attacker is farther then 5" away then the stealthed model will not block line of sight to models behind him.

Saint-Ex
02-08-2011, 02:26 PM
Thank you guys for the precision. Cheers.

Magi616
08-17-2012, 03:07 PM
I just need clarification on this. Using eStryker could I charge pDenny from greater than 5" and still make melee attacks on pDenny?

SageofLodoss
08-17-2012, 03:19 PM
I just need clarification on this. Using eStryker could I charge pDenny from greater than 5" and still make melee attacks on pDenny?

You absolutely may declare a charge against pDenny from more than 5" away and make melee attacks against her if you get within melee range.

Read Stealth very carefully and look at what Valander and RedPhantasm are saying in this thread. Stealth has *NO* effect on drawing LOS to the Stealth model at all, only that you can ignore them as an intervening model for LOS to someone else. The only thing Stealth does otherwise is make ranged and magic attacks from a distance greater than 5" auto miss. It does that and nothing else. You're adding things in by mistake by thinking too much about the logistics of what 'stealth' implies or how you think it would work visually. Do only what the rules say you do for Stealth and nothing else.

Valander
08-17-2012, 03:20 PM
Please do not necro threads (this was from 02-2011). Locked without reading.