PDA

View Full Version : eHaley, dominion and "engaging" minis

mattcaron
02-08-2011, 06:42 PM
Okay, so I read on these forums that if eHaley dominions a jack, it counts as friendly (to her), so her jacks can't back strike it when she has it moves. That's fine.

However, how long does this "friendly" last? I ask because consider the following:

eHaley dominions a jack,moves it towards another jack, and hits it. At that instant, the dominioned jack is friendly (to eHaley), and the other one is enemy, so the two are engaged at this point. What happens if eHaley decides to then shoot the jacks? Does she get a melee penalty? What if her activation ends and one of her other jacks go? Do they get the same penalty?

(We resolved this in the game by logicing that she doesn't care - she wants to kill the two jacks, so she'll shoot into the melee without penalty).

NmoLvr
02-08-2011, 06:46 PM
Take control of target enemy non-character warjack that has a functional cortex. You can make a full advance with the warjack and can then make one normal attack, then Domination expires. Domination can be cast only once per turn.

Emphasis mine, chris.

As soon as you make a move and attack with the 'jack suffering from Dominion, the spell expires. From that point on it is an enemy 'jack again.

Moknim
02-08-2011, 06:48 PM
The 'friendly' status lasts until domination expires - which is immediately after the attack is complete. After that attack, the warjack is back under control of your opponent.

mattcaron
02-08-2011, 06:49 PM
Ah, that makes sense. I missed that little subtlety. Sorry about that, but thanks for the clarification.