PDA

View Full Version : Blasts and the Table Edge

Marshal Torrick
02-09-2011, 09:45 AM
My search Fu may be lacking, but can an AoE deviate off the board or does it stop? I have heard both from my group. I know that models cannot go off the board, but I have found nothing stating that blasts cannot deviate off the board. Relatedly, if the blast does go partly off the board, does the part still touching the board still have an effect?

kelnage
02-09-2011, 10:04 AM
Under the Deviation heading on page 59 of the rulebook, it states that if the point of impact of a AoE spell goes off the table, you reduce the deviation distance so he point of impact is on the table edge.

NmoLvr
02-09-2011, 10:25 AM
If the deviated point of impact would be off the table, reduce the deviation distance so the point of impact is on the edge of the table instead.

kelnage is correct, I just inserted the quote he/she referred to. I actually was unaware of this rule, so I've learned something today. :)

kelnage
02-09-2011, 10:59 AM
Sorry - wasn't sure about the etiquette of quoting the rulebook.

I only knew it because I've just read the book cover to cover - got it Friday! :)

rydiafan
02-09-2011, 11:01 AM
Sorry - wasn't sure about the etiquette of quoting the rulebook.

Quoting rules is fine and useful. Quoting exact model statistics is naughty.

NmoLvr
02-09-2011, 11:40 AM
I only knew it because I've just read the book cover to cover - got it Friday! :)

Wow, I'm impressed! :) I've never read the rulebook from cover to cover. I just go hunting for answers as questions arise. :D

rydiafan
02-09-2011, 11:52 AM
Wow, I'm impressed! :) I've never read the rulebook from cover to cover.

I've done it 4 times. :o