PDA

View Full Version : Gunfighter and targeting your own models

n00buaddib
02-13-2011, 04:55 AM
...a model with gunfighter advantage, has a melee range of 0.5 and can make ranged attacks targeting models in melee range.

I'll set an example. After completing movement, Typhon is next to 3 things; Avatar of Menoth is 1,5 inches away, Knight Exemplar is 0,4 inches away and a Forsaken is base to base.

Who can he spray with gunfigher. I think there's no dilemma he can not target the Avatar, because he's further away then 0,5 inches. He should also target the Knight, because...that's what gunfighter allows you to do. My question is...can he target Forsaken? He's engaged, so normally isn't allowed to make ranged attacks and gunfighter doesn't seem to specify you have to target enemy models in 0,5 inches.

Riker1990
02-13-2011, 05:25 AM
Gunfighter allows you to make ranged attacks against targets in your meelee range while engaged (and them only). Unless you have reach, you can not target the Avatar with any ranged attack. It does not forbid you to make ranged attacks against your own troops. If forsaken is within range, then you can shoot at him.

n00buaddib
02-13-2011, 05:32 AM
I remember this from the field test days. Gunfighter always has a 0,5 melee range, never 2 inches, no matter if you have reach or not (and Typhon can get reach). Or has that changed as well?

Riker1990
02-13-2011, 05:41 AM
A ruling by Mootaz (https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?30097-Gunfighter-and-Melee-range&p=439413&viewfull=1#post439413)