PDA

View Full Version : Question about magical abilities

comrade
02-13-2011, 06:53 PM
So the entry in the rule book says something to the effect of... some models have the ability to cast spells as a special action or atack. However there seems to be a distinction between spells and magical abilities. So I gues my question is... do magical abilities count as spells? Lets use Khador as an example because that is the faction that I play and am most familiar with. Say I want a greylord to use his magical ability frost bite to target a doomreaver (who cannot be targeted by spells), is this possible?

Bingas
02-13-2011, 06:56 PM
In the tactical tips in the faction books it specifies that magic ability counts as a spell.

Hope that helps

TheUnknownMercenary
02-13-2011, 07:16 PM
So the entry in the rule book says something to the effect of... some models have the ability to cast spells as a special action or atack. However there seems to be a distinction between spells and magical abilities. So I gues my question is... do magical abilities count as spells? Lets use Khador as an example because that is the faction that I play and am most familiar with. Say I want a greylord to use his magical ability frost bite to target a doomreaver (who cannot be targeted by spells), is this possible?

You can also look up Magic Abilities in the rulebook:

Some models have the ability to cast spells as a special action or attack without spend fury (or focus). The spells a model can cast are listed in its entry under its Magic Ability special rules.