PDA

View Full Version : Field Promotion and UAs

keeperofgrudges
02-13-2011, 08:33 PM
Sorry I'm being lazy... Field Promotion doesn't work on UAs does it?

Looking for a quick clarification. If Kara Sloan forefits movement to gain "Arcane Precision" and proceeds to pop the Kayazy UA in the head my oppenent does not get to replace the UA with another model correct?

Field Promotion. When the unit leader dies select a grunt to replace him. Replace the grunt model with the leader model. The new leader can not make a take the turn he was promoted.

Mastershake
02-13-2011, 08:39 PM
Sorry I'm being lazy... Field Promotion doesn't work on UAs does it?

Looking for a quick clarification. If Kara Sloan forefits movement to gain "Arcane Precision" and proceeds to pop the Kayazy UA in the head my oppenent does not get to replace the UA with another model correct?

Field promotion works with any unit leader except for those with Officer :Officer:. Whether or not it's a UA means nothing. Of course every UA I can think of is an Officer, but it would be possible to have one who isn't.

keeperofgrudges
02-13-2011, 08:43 PM
Fair enough - thanks!

admanb
02-13-2011, 11:10 PM
Field promotion works with any unit leader except for those with Officer :Officer:. Whether or not it's a UA means nothing. Of course every UA I can think of is an Officer, but it would be possible to have one who isn't.

While your conclusion is correct, your reasoning is wrong. The reason Officers aren't replaced is because the Officer is not a Leader. Leaders are members of the base unit. The connection between Officers and Leaders is that both of them can be Unit Commanders, which is the model from which command bubbles are measured, orders are given, and so on. As we all know, the Leader is the Commander of any base unit, but the Officer becomes the Commander when he's added.

Nevertheless, the Officer is not a Leader.