PDA

View Full Version : what is considered as a battlegroup???

hanomag
02-13-2011, 09:36 PM
I got Mortenebra who can jump start as a spell. Jump start allow models in the battlegroup to stand up if they are knockdown. If there are solos and units, as mentionned in the book page 39, battlegroup is a caster and the warjack.

So if my solo and units are knockdown, Jump start wont help them to stand up.

Is that correct?? And what about Derilyss who is attached to mortenebra as a Skarlock solo?? Is he a member of the battlegroup or not????

Thanks for the clarification

dancater
02-13-2011, 09:45 PM
Correct
The Battlegroup consists of the Warcaster and any Warjacks directly under their control.
Units, solos and any Jack marshaled Warjacks are separate from the Battlegroup and do not benefit from Battlegroup related spells, abilities and/or feats.

Now the Skarlock is attached to the Warcaster so as I understand it is part of the Warcasters "unit" (or forms a unit with them) and thus is included in the Battlegroup to benefit from spells and such in much the same way as any unit UA or WA benefits from spells cast on that unit.

sepher32
02-13-2011, 10:14 PM
Warcaster attachments are not part of the battlegroup. Nor do they activate at the same time as the warcaster as a unit does.

rydiafan
02-13-2011, 10:21 PM
Warcaster attachments are not part of the battlegroup. Nor do they activate at the same time as the warcaster as a unit does.

While this is correct in general with warcaster attachments, Deryliss himself is part of Mortenebra's battlegroup, as per the Companion rule on his card.

In short, a warcaster/warlock's battlegroup consists of:

1) The warcaster/warlock
2) The warjacks/warbeasts under his or her control
3) Models with the Companion special ability which mention the warcaster/warlock

sepher32
02-13-2011, 10:26 PM
mmm reading the post is sometimes helpful. Didn't spot the mortenebra part.

Thanks monkey-clock?-thing

raincaller
02-13-2011, 11:28 PM
12 monkeys!

TheUnknownMercenary
02-14-2011, 03:53 AM
Correct
Now the Skarlock is attached to the Warcaster so as I understand it is part of the Warcasters "unit" (or forms a unit with them) and thus is included in the Battlegroup to benefit from spells and such in much the same way as any unit UA or WA benefits from spells cast on that unit.

You understand incorretcly. You are thinking of the old MKI warcaster attachment rule which is now gone.

The Skarlock, the Squire, the War Dog and others with the Attached rule are not part of the battlegroup. Nowhere in the Attached rules does it state that the model is part of the battlegroup.

Now Mortenebra has her own character skarlock named Deryliss. Deryliss has the companion rule which states that he is part of the battlegroup.