PDA

View Full Version : Return and Counter Slam

Areneas
02-14-2011, 05:34 PM
A friend of mine just called me (at work) and asked me about a game he was having and I didn?t know how to answer it.

Apparently the situation was as follows. The Gnarlhorn Satyr just slammed a Kodiak 7 inches and then followed up 4 inches to stand directly in front of Strakhov (and was not engaged by any other model) when the war dog counter charged, did no damage and then returned to Strakhov?s side. At this point can the Gnarlhorn execute its counter slam ability to send the puppy flying?

Moknim
02-14-2011, 05:51 PM
I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't work unless the Satyr had slammed earlier that round. As long as the Satyr wasn't engaged - counter slam away.

edit:

I read it as: during the circle activation the satyr slams the kodiak and follows up, is countercharged by the dog who returns, and then the Satyr wants to counter-slam the dog. If that is the case I think it is fine. If he is trying to chain counterslams that won't work.

Giygasfan
02-14-2011, 05:53 PM
Edit: Misunderstood first post. Ignore me.

RuneGrey
02-14-2011, 05:58 PM
Checking the rules, that should work as long as the conditions for Counter Slam are fulfilled. Remember that a normal slam is not a counter slam, and it only specifies an advance as opposed to a normal advance or in movement. You would, however, not be able to make any other Counter Slams during your opponent's turn, but you probably would be able to boost it as the slam occurs during your activation.

Areneas
02-14-2011, 06:16 PM
Thats pretty much what i had thought, thanks for the responses guys.

Turns out they played it as you all have said and Strakhov turned into paste after the 2nd Slam.

The Anders
02-15-2011, 02:02 AM
(and was not engaged by any other model)

Dos that meen it was engaged by Strakov?

BurnHeretics
02-15-2011, 07:59 AM
this whole situation was played out wrong, follow up counter charge and return are not normal movements so he should not have been able to counter charge and the satyr couldn't have counter slammed

Mod_Redphantasm
02-15-2011, 08:14 AM
this whole situation was played out wrong, follow up counter charge and return are not normal movements so he should not have been able to counter charge and the satyr couldn't have counter slammed

Incorrect. The trigger for both Counter Slam and Counter charge is that a model advance and end it's movement within 6" of the model countering. There is nothing in either rule about normal movement. The situation was played out correctly.