PDA

View Full Version : Jack Marshall

Wikd1
01-03-2010, 08:02 PM
I need some help understanding Jack marshalls. How do they control a warjack? Can they alocate focus to the jack for extra attacks, Charging, or for boosting to hit or damage rolls. I just started a Cygnar army that has marshalls and never used them before as my Cryx army doesnt have them. Any help would be great.

mackman
01-03-2010, 09:43 PM
Sorry, don't have the rules pdf's in front of me right now, so some of the technical terms are gonna be wrong.
A Jack marshal (for example, a field mechanik or sword knight unit attachment) can control an amount of warjacks equal to his marshaling limit. While a jack under his control is within his command range, that jack, during its activation, can charge, run, boost one attack roll, boost one damage roll, or buy one extra attack (only one of those options). I do not believe it can make power attacks. It cannot be allocated focus by the marshal, because the marshal has no focus to begin with.
This is different from a Journeyman Warcaster (aka Junior) because Junior acts just like a caster with regard to warjacks. he can allocate them focus just like a normal warcaster.