PDA

View Full Version : pCaine ROF Question

MajinAku
02-26-2011, 09:35 PM
Caine has a ROF of 2 for his 2x Pistols. Maybe this is just throwing me off because they're combined in a single slot on the card, but if he makes his initial attacks with them (One attack for each pistol) is he allowed to purchase extra attacks with them or is his ROF already used up?

Additionally, if each initial attack with the pistols only counts as 1, can he pay 2 focus for an extra attack with each pistol for a total of 4 attacks? Or does he only need to spend the one focus to get an extra attack with *both* pistols?

Thanks!

Laughing Man
02-26-2011, 09:44 PM
Yes, he may purchase up to two additional attacks, one with each pistol. No, he can't spend 1 focus to buy both.

TheUnknownMercenary
02-27-2011, 12:14 AM
Caine has a ROF of 2 for his 2x Pistols. Maybe this is just throwing me off because they're combined in a single slot on the card, but if he makes his initial attacks with them (One attack for each pistol) is he allowed to purchase extra attacks with them or is his ROF already used up?

Additionally, if each initial attack with the pistols only counts as 1, can he pay 2 focus for an extra attack with each pistol for a total of 4 attacks? Or does he only need to spend the one focus to get an extra attack with *both* pistols?

Thanks!

Non-Epic Caine has two free intial attacks, one for each pistol. He can then spend a focus point to make an additional ranged attack with one of his pistol up to 1 for each pistol, thus taking up to 2 additional attacks with each pistol. This means that for a total of 2 focus, Caine can make 4 shots.

MajinAku
02-27-2011, 12:19 AM
Uh oh, seems to be a discrepancy here between your two answers (Thanks for replying both of you though!) Could someone clarify? I was under the impression that the initial attack of each pistol uses up the first ROF limit for each of them...

MindwormJim
02-27-2011, 12:22 AM
Non-Epic Caine has two free intial attacks, one for each pistol. He can then spend a focus point to make an additional ranged attack with one of his pistol up to 2 for each pistol, thus taking up to 4 additional attacks with each pistol. This means that for a total of 4 focus, Caine can make 6 shots.
Um, what? I'm sure you meant to say that he gets 2 shots for free and can spend up to 2 additional focus for a maximum or 4 shots.

Valander
02-27-2011, 12:23 AM
Each pistol has ROF 2. So, initial attacks use 1 for each of those, and each one can buy an additional attack, so you could get a total of 4 attacks.

Oddly, I think TheUnknownMercenary confused the math.

Necra-Chi
02-27-2011, 12:25 AM
Um, what? I'm sure you meant to say that he gets 2 shots for free and can spend up to 2 additional focus for a maximum or 4 shots.

That is correct. Each weapon has ROF 2. So as his combat action Caine can make one ranged attack with each pistol (so 2) and then can spend a focus to buy an additional ranged attack for each pistol (so up to 2) for a total of 2-4 shots.

TheUnknownMercenary
02-27-2011, 12:25 AM
Math at 3:30 am is not a good thing.

MajinAku
02-27-2011, 12:33 AM
Ah, much better. Thanks all!