PDA

View Full Version : Dual Shot Gunfighters in Melee

Uratoh
03-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Again a Q with the retribution, I was told in the past to seperate questions into their own topics. A model in melee cannot gain the aiming bonus to gunfighter attacks, but does this mean it can't 'forefit its movement for the aiming bonus' to benefit from Dual Shot as well?

hausdorff space
03-07-2011, 03:35 PM
Again a Q with the retribution, I was told in the past to seperate questions into their own topics. A model in melee cannot gain the aiming bonus to gunfighter attacks, but does this mean it can't 'forefit its movement for the aiming bonus' to benefit from Dual Shot as well?The Dawnguard Destors can forfeit their movement for dual shot.

I don't have the books handy, but IIRC the wording is "a model using gunfighter cannot benefit from the aiming bonus", so you can still forfeit to get it, you just cannot use it while engaged.

SpellBinder
03-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Even though you cannot get the aiming bonus to shoot something in your melee range, you can still forfeit your movement for other special abilities (Prime Mk II, page 63). I'm with thecsharian that you can still get the second shot from Dual Shot while shooting in melee.

Mastershake
03-07-2011, 04:53 PM
This model does not gain an aiming bonus when targeting a model in its melee range, but can forfeit its movement to use other special abilities.

If you can forfeit to aim, but just don't gain the bonus against engaged enemies, why even bother with the last part. It seems to imply that you can't forfeit movement to aim, but can forfeit for other reasons. Maybe I'm just looking at this the wrong way.

FearLord
03-07-2011, 05:02 PM
If you can forfeit to aim, but just don't gain the bonus against engaged enemies, why even bother with the last part. It seems to imply that you can't forfeit movement to aim, but can forfeit for other reasons. Maybe I'm just looking at this the wrong way.

This has already been ruled that you can still forfeit your movement to aim, but you don't gain benefit of aiming when using Gun Fighter. For this same reason, Ryan can forfeit movement to aim, shoot the one model engaging her (without the aiming bonus)and then (assuming she hit and killed the target model) shoot a shot with the aiming bonus at another target that is not engaging her.

Mastershake
03-07-2011, 05:03 PM
This has already been ruled...

Fair enough, qoute?

FearLord
03-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Fair enough, qoute?

https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?37969-Gunfighter-Aiming-Dual-shot.&highlight=Gunfighter+Aiming

Post 13 has a link to the old Forum where Haight stated it (and it is in respect of MK2 Gun Fighter, which should be clear from the post)...

Mastershake
03-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Good to know, should be useful next time Ravyn goes on a rampage...