PDA

View Full Version : Stealth + Friendly Spells...

gabbadj
03-09-2011, 11:25 AM
I just wanted to make sure I am not crazy...

So the other night I had pButcher within 5.5" of a Manhunter and I wanted to cast Iron Flesh but my opponent felt that since he had Stealth I could not and he verified this with another player. I didn't want to delay the game but after reading it in the rulebook it states ranged/magic ATTACKS. I thought that it would be weird that I could not buff any of my own troops due to Stealth since I interpret it as being able to move too fast/staying low to be attacked (cartwheels, barrel rolls, etc).

Soooooo should have I been able to cast Iron Flesh right?

Valander
03-09-2011, 11:36 AM
Unless the spell is an offensive spell (it will say "YES" in the "OFF" column, or in some cases in its description), it is not an attack, and therefore Stealth would not cause it to auto-miss.

Edit: To be perfectly clear, Iron Flesh is not an offensive spell, so yes, you should have been able to cast it.

gabbadj
03-09-2011, 03:18 PM
Unless the spell is an offensive spell (it will say "YES" in the "OFF" column, or in some cases in its description), it is not an attack, and therefore Stealth would not cause it to auto-miss.

Edit: To be perfectly clear, Iron Flesh is not an offensive spell, so yes, you should have been able to cast it.

That's why I figured. Ty sir!