PDA

View Full Version : Assault Order while knocked down

Ranhothep
03-14-2011, 04:10 PM
Just wanna make sure we get this one right. While knocked down, you can only choose the "run" option from the charge/run order, in order to stand up and advance, yes? Or could you choose "charge", stand up and make the assault shot after advancing (but still as part of your movement) before the "forfeited action"? Thanx in advance

sepher32
03-14-2011, 05:00 PM
Charging or assaulting requires both movement and action. Being knocked down prevents either.

Fullmetalmorrison
03-14-2011, 05:29 PM
You can give the unit a charge or run order but the knocked down warriors in the unit can only stand up and either make a full advance or an action. They can't charge, run, or assault.

jking_3rd
03-14-2011, 05:31 PM
Therefore, a model that was knockeddown, is then forced to forfeit either Action or Movement, and thus cannot charge at all.

B/c a model in a unit that receives the charge order Must either Charge or Run, and it can't charge, it must run.

Editted: or apparantly, make a full advance.

rydiafan
03-14-2011, 05:32 PM
You can give the unit a charge or run order but the knocked down warriors in the unit can only stand up and either make a full advance or an action. They can't charge, run, or assault.

The bolded part is incorrect. When a unit receives the run/charge order knocked down models may stand and make a full advance. That is all.

Fullmetalmorrison
03-14-2011, 05:49 PM
I was unaware that you can't stand and melee while the rest of the unit is charging; and playing Trollbloods this happens often to me. I couldn't find it in the book or any infernal ruling on it, any chance you can point me to the rule?

rydiafan
03-14-2011, 06:01 PM
It's a combination of several rules.

1) When a unit receives an order the entire unit receives the order.
2) A model which receives the run/charge order must either run or charge.

So, combining 1 and 2 we get the fact that every member of a unit receiving the run/charge order has two choices, and only two choices. Run or charge.

3) A model which must charge, and cannot, does nothing.
4) A model which must run, and cannot, makes a full advance.

So, if the trooper which was knocked down chooses to charge it does nothing, and if it chooses to run it makes a full advance. Neither of these choices allows it to take an action.

Fullmetalmorrison
03-14-2011, 06:20 PM
Sounds good to me. Thanks Ryd.