PDA

View Full Version : Charging into Teleport

circletakesthesquare
03-19-2011, 11:10 PM
I've heard rumors in my LGS that this is legal... ekaya has LOS to model X and charges it... but is quite a distance away from the model... Laris is next to the model and she interrupts the charge attack to teleport next to Laris and then has model X in her melee range... does she get to make a charge attack w/ boosted damage?

Alviaran
03-19-2011, 11:16 PM
No. When you finish your charge movement, if your target is not within your melee range, your activation immediately ends. No chance to cast spells.

What you may have heard is a strategy where you charge a model, make a successful charge move, then use a placement effect such as Gatecrash to move. Since you managed to make a successful charge move, your activation does not end. You are now free to use all of your initials to attack another target (though they do not get the charge boost since only your charge attack gets that).

Menset
03-19-2011, 11:33 PM
Sadly what you heard at you LGS is incorrect. If that was possible then there would be some horrible moves thats could be pulled off.

Alviaran is 100% correct. This is covered in the rule book on PG47 middle of the second half of the page.

circletakesthesquare
03-20-2011, 11:13 AM
thank you guys... this came up in a team game at my LGS when feora fire stepped? made me go cross-eyed :)

Alviaran
03-20-2011, 11:32 AM
Again there are various shenanigans that can be pulled with Fire Step, just not what you listed. She can charge a model, successfully make a charge move, then Fire Step behind that model to reach something else. Or you can Fire Step out of melee, then charge something else.