PDA

View Full Version : Bronzeback with Admonition and enemy behind

monkeygoose
03-22-2011, 06:21 AM
I still haven't seen an official ruling on this so I hope this gets one. If I end my movement behind a Bronzeback with Admonition can he use Admonition to turn around, then Counter-Charge me since I am now in his front arc?

Mod_Redphantasm
03-22-2011, 06:33 AM
I still haven't seen an official ruling on this so I hope this gets one. If I end my movement behind a Bronzeback with Admonition can he use Admonition to turn around, then Counter-Charge me since I am now in his front arc?

Theres no need for an official ruling. The Bronzeback in this situation would not be able counter charge.

Why?

Admonition triggers on a model ending it's movement within 6".

Counter charge triggers on a model ending it's movement within 6" and LOS.

When you move behind the Bronzeback and end within 6" then Admonition will trigger, but counter charge will not. When he moves by Admonition and the point has passed when counter charge would trigger (ending movement), so it does not go off.

zebeste
03-22-2011, 10:53 AM
Theres no need for an official ruling. The Bronzeback in this situation would not be able counter charge.

Why?

Admonition triggers on a model ending it's movement within 6".

Counter charge triggers on a model ending it's movement within 6" and LOS.

When you move behind the Bronzeback and end within 6" then Admonition will trigger, but counter charge will not. When he moves by Admonition and the point has passed when counter charge would trigger (ending movement), so it does not go off.

I disagree. As per this ruling:
https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?9408-Admonition-and-Counter-Charge&highlight=counter+charge+admonition

after you admonition you reevaluate the conditions of counter charge. It's why you can admonition out of melee then counter charge.

NmoLvr
03-22-2011, 11:13 AM
Not the same thing, although that is an interesting ruling.

When an enemy model advances and ends its movement within 6˝ of this model and in its LOS...

In the OP's example, the model did not end its movement in the LOS of the model with counter charge. The conditions for a counter charge were never met to begin with. I agree with Red.

blue loki
03-22-2011, 11:14 AM
You reevaluate conditions, but not triggers. Being in melee is not a trigger, it is simply something that prevents you from using Counter Charge once it has been triggered. Being in melee is not itself important for determining if the trigger condition has been met, rather it is important when resolving the effect after the trigger has been met.

LOS is itself a trigger condition and is only checked at one moment in time. That moment is when the triggering model ends its movement.

Cloud-Gatherer
03-22-2011, 11:14 AM
I disagree. As per this ruling:
https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?9408-Admonition-and-Counter-Charge&highlight=counter+charge+admonition

after you admonition you reevaluate the conditions of counter charge. It's why you can admonition out of melee then counter charge.

That's a different situation. In that thread, the question is about what happens when both Admonition and Counter Charge trigger at the same time - the answer is that you can choose to resolve Admonition first, allowing you to resolve Counter Charge. In this thread, Counter Charge doesn't trigger at all.

zebeste
03-22-2011, 11:18 AM
You reevaluate conditions, but not triggers. Being in melee is not a trigger, it is simply something that prevents you from using Counter Charge once it has been triggered. Being in melee is not itself important for determining if the trigger condition has been met, rather it is important when resolving the effect after the trigger has been met.

LOS is itself a trigger condition and is only checked at one moment in time. That moment is when the triggering model ends its movement.

I'll buy that. Thanks.