PDA

View Full Version : Reinholdt Actions

Articus
03-22-2011, 02:05 PM
Looking at Reinholdt's Lucky Charm and Reload has gotten me a little confused. Each one says:

"During his activation this turn, warcaster can..."

Does this mean that his abilities go off when the warcaster's turn comes up? Or do they go off the second he uses them? With Lucky Charm do I need to call which attack will be boosted? Or can I keep it secret until I use it?

If the abilities goes off when the warcaster activates, does it mean that the warcaster can walk away and still get two shots from his Reload? Even if not B2B anymore?

LEJ
03-22-2011, 02:19 PM
I'm not sure what you mean "Keep it secret" but it works like this (For reload and lucky charm):

Reinholdt activates, moves to range of warcaster and you declare he's using the ability.
When the warcaster activates you simply declare one attack as using the lucky charm ability or you declare an additional attack as the one from reload.

You can walk away from reinholdt and still use the abilities.

SpiralingCadaver
03-22-2011, 02:51 PM
I believe the question was, do you need to declare "I'm going to buy a re-roll on my Arcane bolt hit roll" (for example)?

The answer is no. You'll be buying the re-roll when you want it (for instance, your first spell hits, the second one misses, so you say "I'm using Reinholdt's re-roll").

Xnath
03-22-2011, 03:00 PM
The easiest way for me to do this is:

Before the game mark a few tokens with Reinholdt abilities.

This is mainly to remind me to use them...

During the game:

Activate Reinholdt first.
Move him B2B with warcaster.
Declare which action Reinholdt is using for the warcaster.
Place token next to warcaster if reload or lucky charm. If spyglass, measure distance between two models.
Reinholdt's activation ends.

Warcaster activates whenever in the turn, moves/casts/attacks etc.. and uses the token when appropriate.

Articus
03-22-2011, 05:49 PM
Does the second shot require a focus?

Uratoh
03-22-2011, 05:50 PM
No it does not.

Articus
03-29-2011, 08:31 AM
Using Gorten as a caster with Reinholdt, can one do say a two shots (using a focus) then his Both Barrels star attack? Would say, with a Khador caster I can't remember, get an extra d3 from Rapid Fire?

Valander
03-29-2011, 08:34 AM
You cannot "buy" additional attacks prior to using your initial attacks, and if you use a *Attack, it replaces all of your initial attacks. You can, however, buy additional attacks after a *Attack (unless it says otherwise). Any additional attacks made are normal attacks, and cannot be *Attacks.