PDA

View Full Version : Druids of Orboros questions.

Hinotama
03-22-2011, 06:37 PM
A have a few questions, (Still new to MK2).

Does being placed, for example Spirit door (Kaya), Forestwalker (Baldur), and Sands of Fate ignore free strikes?

For Sands of Fate (Moshar) may I charge, follow up with my actions then Sands of Fate? Or do I have to forfiet my movement to be able to cast it? It says "Cannot Advance this activation after being placed" So I just need some clarity on this.

Chain Lighting; Can it bounce back to the origin from which it came?

The ability Medicate provided by the Druids of Orboros and their Overseer, does it affect constructs?

Shifting Stones and the Stone Keeper. Does the Stone keeper become the new leader for the Shifting Stone coherency, so their triangualr position can be 8" apart as long as the stone keeper is in the middle?

I know it might be a bit unorthodox for so many questions in one thread, but thank you all for any enlightenment on the following subjects.

circletakesthesquare
03-22-2011, 06:51 PM
Yes.
Yes.
I don't believe so.
No.
Yes.

Seracain
03-22-2011, 07:02 PM
I know it might be a bit unorthodox for so many questions in one thread, but thank you all for any enlightenment on the following subjects.

The rules of the forum are to pose each question in a separate thread.

A have a few questions, (Still new to MK2).

Does being placed, for example Spirit door (Kaya), Forestwalker (Baldur), and Sands of Fate ignore free strikes?

Yes, as per the section 'Placed' on page 48 of the Hordes rulebook.

For Sands of Fate (Moshar) may I charge, follow up with my actions then Sands of Fate? Or do I have to forfiet my movement to be able to cast it? It says "Cannot Advance this activation after being placed" So I just need some clarity on this.

It is not a requirement for the spell, so you can cast it after moving. This also works for the Shifting Stone's Teleportation ability.

If you mean the model first hit, then no it can't hit the same model twice. If you mean the model who cast the spell, then the part that states '...ignoring this model' means that it cannot. So in either case, no it cannot.

The ability Medicate provided by the Druids of Orboros and their Overseer, does it affect constructs?

According to the Construct :Construct: rules, 'Warbeasts with the Construct advantage... cannot be healed.' Note that Shifting Stones can heal a construct because their ability specifically states it can.

Shifting Stones and the Stone Keeper. Does the Stone keeper become the new leader for the Shifting Stone coherency, so their triangualr position can be 8" apart as long as the stone keeper is in the middle?

Yes, as he is an officer. Note that in such a circumstance as you described, if the Stone Keeper dies, only the Shifting Stone unit commander will be in formation, meaning the other two stones cannot use their abilities until they are back in formation.

Hinotama
03-22-2011, 07:06 PM
Thank you, this was very helpful.

vintersbastard
03-23-2011, 01:37 AM
If you mean the model first hit, then no it can't hit the same model twice. If you mean the model who cast the spell, then the part that states '...ignoring this model' means that it cannot. So in either case, no it cannot.
To be more specific: It won't arc to the warlock that carries the spell. It might well arc to a Woldwarden that casts it.