PDA

View Full Version : Question about "warrior models"

Masanori
03-24-2011, 11:31 AM
when we say warrior model, it is all 'living' warrior models including solos/warcasters rite?

Alviaran
03-24-2011, 11:55 AM
Warrior models are basically any non-Warjack, non Warbeast, non Battle Engine model. Warcasters and solos do count. Undead count as well. Of course, there are exceptions that specify living warrior models and so on.

For further clarifications: a Trooper is a member of a unit (any member) while a Grunt are the bog standard guys (the non UA, non WA, non Leader chaps). The Leader is the leader that normall comes with the unit and is the default unit commander as well.

There are a lot of overlapping model categories. And their distinctions can be quite important.

TimurTheLame
03-24-2011, 12:00 PM
so say you use the spell true path would it affect your warcaser as well, i get what yu are saying but i need clarification

petegrrrr
03-24-2011, 12:05 PM
Is your warcaster a warjack, beast, or battle engine? Nope, so then he gets the bonus.

Everything that is not a warjack, beast, or battle engine is a warrior model.

Valander
03-24-2011, 12:08 PM
This should answer any remaining question (or, you could search, since this topic comes up pretty often):

Warcasters, troopers, and solos are collectively referred to as warriors.

Primal should have a similar entry, replacing "warcasters" with "warlocks."

Edit: Also note there is no stipulation that a warrior model be a living model.

Alviaran
03-24-2011, 12:16 PM
so say you use the spell true path would it affect your warcaser as well, i get what yu are saying but i need clarification

In this particular case, no. Normally abilities that affect warrior models do affect warcasters (and if you were playing a two warcaster game, Vindictus's True Path could affect them) but that spell stipulates that models beginning their activation in his control area. Since the spell was not active at the start of his activation, he does not gain the benefit.

Halfhoot
03-24-2011, 12:23 PM
There are 5 types of models:

Warrior
Warjack
Beast
Battle Engine
Karchev

All models fall under one of these types. (currently)

Blaque
03-24-2011, 10:28 PM
The Commodore Cannon is actually its own group a swell, just a note. It is not a warrior model either.

And stuff.

Thenmy
03-24-2011, 11:36 PM
And the Spawning Vessel :)

Blaque
03-25-2011, 08:18 AM
So to summarize:
- warriors
- warbeasts
- warjacks
- battle engines
- Karchev
- The Commodore
- Spawning Vessels

(Still think battle engines should of been war engines to keep the "WAR" part of them all consistent. <_<)

And stuff.

blue loki
03-25-2011, 08:43 AM
(Still think battle engines should of been war engines to keep the "WAR" part of them all consistent. <_<)

Agreed. The list should read
- warriors
- warbeasts
- warjacks
- war engines
- Warchev
- The Warmodore
- Warming Vessels

;)

admanb
03-25-2011, 08:58 AM
Agreed. The list should read