PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Crew Leader Replacing

MartokTheAvenger
03-25-2011, 07:07 AM
We just moved to mkii, and I had a quick question about weapon crews. When the leader is killed, it looks like you move the weapon base and replace a grunt, rather than remove a grunt like in the last edition. Is this the case, or did I miss a rule somewhere stating otherwise?

Dino-Czar
03-25-2011, 07:31 AM
I don't think you missed anything. The guy with the artillery is the "unit leader". If he dies a new guy get promoted and you replace the trooper model with the leader's model.

jandrese
03-25-2011, 07:38 AM
There is one caveat: With weapon crews standard leader promotion only works if the grunt is within 1" of the leader, otherwise a grunt becomes a Commander instead and you lose the leader (and his gun).

Dino-Czar
03-25-2011, 07:41 AM
There is one caveat: With weapon crews standard leader promotion only works if the grunt is within 1" of the leader, otherwise a grunt becomes a Commander instead and you lose the leader (and his gun).

Do you have a page for that? I thought I'd read something like that once, but when called on to prove it I couldn't back it up.

brotherscott
03-25-2011, 07:54 AM
I don't have a page number, but this is from the pre-release .pdf, and if memory serves correctly, it didn't change between that document and Prime MK II-

Under Weapon Crews (pg 72):
"Unlike with other units, if the Leader of a weapon crew
leaves play it replaces a Grunt in the unit only if the Grunt
is within 1˝. Otherwise the Leader model leaves play and
the player controlling the weapon crew chooses another
model in the unit to become the unit commander."

It should be close to page 72 in Prime MK II...

rydiafan
03-25-2011, 10:00 AM
It should be close to page 72 in Prime MK II...

Page 71, bottom of the left column.