PDA

View Full Version : Special Attacks/Charging

JeremyK
04-10-2011, 10:23 AM
Hey guys,

New Khador player here. Just finished my first read-through of the rules. I'll need some games under my belt before it all starts to click I think.

Anyway, quick question. I understand that a model that charges can make a special attack if it with its melee weapon. Does something like the "Combo Strike" on a Slayer Helljack count as a special attack with its melee weapon? Thus, can something like Combo Strike be used on a charge?

I'm not very familiar with units yet, so I guess I'm not entirely sure how to know if a special attack is affiliated with a melee weapon.

Related-- do Warjacks have to spend focus on any special attacks or just power attacks like headbutt, trample, slam, etc? I am curious here because if that is the case, would a special attack on a charge cost 2 focus (one charge, one special attack).

Thanks!

Jeremy

MartokTheAvenger
04-10-2011, 10:32 AM
Special attacks don't need focus. Special attacks on melee weapons can be used to the charge unless specified otherwise. Other special attacks can only be used on the charge if its rules allow it. To see if a special attack is on a melee weapon, it will be listed under the weapon on the back of the card.

JeremyK
04-10-2011, 12:33 PM
Gotcha- So something like combo strike is not considered to be a special attack on the melee weapon. Thanks!

MartokTheAvenger
04-10-2011, 12:40 PM
Actually, Combo Strike is listed under the Slayer's Death Claws, so it is on the melee weapons.

rydiafan
04-10-2011, 12:41 PM
Gotcha- So something like combo strike is not considered to be a special attack on the melee weapon. Thanks!

Combo strike is most assuredly considered to be a special attack on a melee weapon.

JeremyK
04-10-2011, 03:48 PM
Thanks a lot guys.