PDA

View Full Version : failing a charge with a unit

exarkun88
04-12-2011, 05:45 PM
If a model in a unit fails to successfully charge but all the other models in the unit were successful, what happens? Is only the one model wasted or does the whole unit have to end its activation without making attacks?

drachenfels
04-12-2011, 05:54 PM
whether a charge was successful or not is on a model by model basis, not by the entire unit. so some models may fail while others are successful and smash face.

Valander
04-12-2011, 05:56 PM
Failed, or successful, charges are on a model basis. Only models which did not end their movement with their declared charge target in their melee range would end their activation. The rest make their charge attacks.

Generally speaking, most things in Warmachine are model-by-model.

Nazdrek
04-12-2011, 07:37 PM
When a unit recieves the charge order all models have to either charge or run. So I would recommend that you move the ones that you are sure to get into melee range first. Then run the others up. It will be important to remember what ones charged and ran.

msteelers
04-13-2011, 07:36 AM
When a unit recieves the charge order all models have to either charge or run. So I would recommend that you move the ones that you are sure to get into melee range first. Then run the others up. It will be important to remember what ones charged and ran.

Is that true? I don't get that impression from the rule book.

rydiafan
04-13-2011, 07:39 AM
Is that true?

Yes it is.

Faradon
04-13-2011, 07:41 AM
Yes it's true. When the charge order is given to the unit, all members of the unit (in formation) will receive that order. Once they have received it, they are individually able to decide to run or charge.

Another good example of this is when you aren't sure if you are in charge range or not and the first, or closest, model charges. If the charge fails or barely makes it you will know that the rest of the unit is out of charge range and have the rest of the unit run.

This all happens because each model in the unit activates one at a time to do their movement. Once the first model's movement is complete you move on to the second, third, etc. models. Once all of their moves are done you do their actions in the same fashion.

Gooch
04-13-2011, 08:34 AM
This is a hard one to wrap your noggin around especially if you have a background of other game systems. For the first year I played warmachine back in mk 1 I had the same problem.

msteelers
04-13-2011, 10:06 AM
Good to know. Thanks.