PDA

View Full Version : Newb questions...

Hammerdrake
04-16-2011, 09:26 AM
Hello, I'm trying to learn this game from just the book, vassal, and these forums. I am really loving it so far. Right now I have some real basic questions:

1. A warcaster can run or charge for 'free'?

2. A warjack can only destroy one trooper, in a unit, per attack? If 20 dmg is given to a 1 damage grunt, he's just one really dead guy?

3. I had nearly printed 90+ (?) pages of WM errata from some where, it was text heavy and loads of info. Any idea what that was I'm not exactly sure what that document was or, where it is now. The only errata I can find is the 4 pager from Nov 10, linked to in this forum.

4. How do you tell what is heavy and what is light calvary? I don't see any indication in the Faction book descriptions.

Thanks!

tsochung
04-16-2011, 09:41 AM
1. yes , the general rule is model can run or charge for "free" , only those specially specified model type need meet some special requipments, like unit ,beast and jack
2. yes , in warmachine , you never target unit , you target model
3. those are probably mk1 errata
4. there is no heavy cavalry , only cavalry and light cavalry , it's stated on card (and Faction book) , if you can't see the word "light" in front of the word "cavalry" , then it is cavalry

Hammerdrake
04-26-2011, 04:52 AM
Thanks for the quick answers.

My Cavalry confusion stem from the Cygnar book. So there are no tiered lists that Storm Lances can participate in? And Kraye has no light cavalry units available for his tiered list?

Demeritus
04-26-2011, 04:58 AM
There are currently no Cygnar Light Cavalry units but many of the theme forces were designed to be open for future expansion. So while there are none in there now, at some point there will be light cav for Cygnar.

Also eStrykers tier allows for the Storm Lances as it allows Storm Knight Units plus the tier 1 of his theme force ups the FA to 2.

Nemo1 (aka pNemo) also allows for Storm Lances because his theme force lists Storm Knight Units and Storm Lances are listed as Cygnar Storm Knight Cavalry Unit so this is how you know they count as Storm Knight units.

FearMeMortals
04-26-2011, 05:36 AM
And Kraye has no light cavalry units available for his tiered list?

Kraye actually gives his warjacks the Cavalry rules. Light Warjacks use the Light Cavalry rules and Heavy Warjacks use the regular Cavalry rules.

Demeritus
04-26-2011, 05:39 AM
Kraye actually gives his warjacks the Cavalry rules. Light Warjacks use the Light Cavalry rules and Heavy Warjacks use the regular Cavalry rules.

That's not it. His theme force allows for non character warjacks and then light cavalry. The warjacks are a separate thing all together from the listed light cav. The light cav do not yet exist for Cygnar but that caveat is there for when future models are released.

NmoLvr
04-26-2011, 05:55 AM
I believe that was a reference to Kraye's ability Iron Horse rather than anything to do with the theme forces.

FearMeMortals
04-26-2011, 06:19 AM
That's not it. His theme force allows for non character warjacks and then light cavalry. The warjacks are a separate thing all together from the listed light cav. The light cav do not yet exist for Cygnar but that caveat is there for when future models are released.

I wasn't refering to what you said regarding future proofing theme lists. I was responding to the OP's comment because on first reading it seemed to me that he was sad because he wanted to use Light Cavalry.

Hammerdrake
04-26-2011, 06:26 AM
There are currently no Cygnar Light Cavalry units but many of the theme forces were designed to be open for future expansion. So while there are none in there now, at some point there will be light cav for Cygnar.

Also eStrykers tier allows for the Storm Lances as it allows Storm Knight Units plus the tier 1 of his theme force ups the FA to 2.

Nemo1 (aka pNemo) also allows for Storm Lances because his theme force lists Storm Knight Units and Storm Lances are listed as Cygnar Storm Knight Cavalry Unit so this is how you know they count as Storm Knight units.

Thanks for all the replies! This one here clears things up for me. I was trying to figure out how to get some kind of cavalry going in a Cygnar tier list. I completely missed that the Storm Lances were categorized as Storm Knights, and thus available in those lists. Kraye had seemed like the obvious choice, but the cavalry/light cavalary designation had me confused.

Maudlin
04-26-2011, 07:35 AM
Questions were answered.