PDA

View Full Version : Does a model Deviate from pKruegers Tornado Spell or go Directly away?

CoreyKuhnke
04-24-2011, 06:03 PM
So, does this throw go directly away or does it deviate like a normal throw? Rules say directly away, so I assume no deviation. The only search-fu result I found someone said it does deviate.

wazatdingder
04-24-2011, 06:39 PM
Search the spell itself where it says "directly away," If your opponent still thinks it deviate, show them the picture in primal pg 48, where it shows how to move directly away.

NmoLvr
04-25-2011, 06:04 AM
Instead of suffering a normal damage roll, a non-incorporeal model hit by Tornado is thrown d6˝ directly away from the spellʼs point of origin regardless of its base size and suffers a POW 13 damage roll. Collateral damage from this throw is POW 13.

Emphasis mine, chris.

Model A must move directly away from Model B – Model A moves along the straight line that connects the center points of Model A and Model B such that the distance between them increases during the movement. A model that moves directly away from a point cannot change its facing after moving.

No emphasis of mine in that one, chris.

'Directly away' means no deviation. It must move directly away d6" from Krueger. That is your direction and distance.

vintersbastard
04-25-2011, 06:25 AM
It must move directly away d6" from Krueger. That is your direction and distance.
Only the target directly hit. Everything else moves directly away from the center of the AOE. EDIT: I apparently shouldn't post so much.

NmoLvr
04-25-2011, 07:08 AM
Tornado doesn't have an AOE (unless they changed it. I'm reading the pdf rules.).

rydiafan
04-25-2011, 07:36 AM
Tornado doesn't have an AOE (unless they changed it. I'm reading the pdf rules.).

Primal is in my hands, and I can confirm that there is no AOE to Tornado.

vintersbastard
04-25-2011, 09:34 AM
Whoops, I was sure it had one. There goes that.

Ravir
04-25-2011, 09:45 AM
Also, this question has been asked about Critical Devastation on the Mule and Gunnbjorn. When a model is thrown by any of these effects, it does not deviate, it is just thrown directly away from the attacker by the distance rolled. The rule for a deviating throw is part of the Throw and Double-handed Throw power attack rules, and does not apply to these attack effects.

SpellBinder
04-25-2011, 10:24 AM
Tornado throws its target d6" directly away from Krueger. Per the effect of "Being Thrown", I'd say that after the d6" directly away has been determined that you roll for a throw's deviation as normal (d6 direction, d3") to determine exactly where the model hit by Tornado lands.

NmoLvr
04-25-2011, 10:55 AM
The model hit by Tornado lands exactly d6 inches directly away from Krueger. No need to roll for deviation because there isn't any.

TheUnknownMercenary
04-25-2011, 05:13 PM
Directly away with no deviation.