PDA

View Full Version : Stormclad, Stormblade Allocation, and Disruption

Chrames
04-24-2011, 11:40 PM
This is a question about the Stormblade, so hopefully you guys can help me out!

Primarily I'm looking to understand the way they are allocated the Focus from the Stormblades, as said on page 81 of the Cygnar Book:
"Storm Accumulator - When this model begins its activation within 3" of one or more friendly Stormblade Infantry models, it is allocated 1 focus point".

First, in the MkII Prime book, on page 73 under 'Cortex', it says, "This model can be allocated focus. This model can have no more than 3 focus points at any time as a result of allocation. This limit does not apply to focus gained by means other than allocation."
So, if a Stormclad gets a Focus via Storm Accumulator, it can only get 2 from the 'Caster?

Second, I looked for a universal description of Disruption, but the closest I could find was under pStryker's weapon descriptions on page 108 in MkII Prime. It says, "Disruption - A warjack hit loses its focus points and cannot be allocated focus or channel spells for one round".
Does this mean a Disrupted Stormclad is unable to get Focus via Storm Accumulator, as that is allocated?

Thanks very much for your help in this!

Gamingdevil
04-25-2011, 12:40 AM
To your first question: technically not. Focus allocation from a caster happens before the activation of your Stormclad, so you could give it 3 focus from your caster, then when its activation comes around, the focus from the Stormblades is wasted as it can't be allocated (that would cause it to go above 3)

Second question: you are correct, it uses the "allocated" key word, so it can't be used when disrupted.

NmoLvr
04-25-2011, 05:56 AM
So, if a Stormclad gets a Focus via Storm Accumulator, it can only get 2 from the 'Caster?

Gamingdevil is correct in pointing out that the caster would have done their allocation before the Stormclad activates anyway. You are correct with your general premise, however, in that the total focus cannot exceed 3 regardless of the source.

Does this mean a Disrupted Stormclad is unable to get Focus via Storm Accumulator, as that is allocated?

Yes, that is exactly what it means. You can compare it to the wording on Arlan Stangewayes' ability called Power Booster which says the target model gains a focus point. Of course, Power Booster also removes the disruption so it doesn't matter, but even if it didn't a disrupted 'jack could get a focus because it says 'gain' instead of 'allocate.'

TheUnknownMercenary
04-25-2011, 04:19 PM
Question answered.