PDA

View Full Version : Virility and Chain attacks

jdomin2
11-25-2009, 06:11 AM
Edit: Does Virility add +2 inches to Chain attacks that generate slam and throw effects?

Virility is worded as " a model that is power attack slammed or thrown"

Chain Attack:smite "after resolving the attacks it can immediately make one additional melee attack. if it hits the target is slammed directly away

Chain Attack: pitch "same"

Hjelmen0
11-25-2009, 06:14 AM
What is the question?

Dark Fledgling
11-25-2009, 07:41 PM
Let me rephrase for him. I put Virility on my Woldwarden.
The Warden makes his initial attacks, both hit. He then goes on to make hit chain attack:smite which also hits.

How far is the enemy slammed? d6"? or d6+2" because of virility.

I believe it is the latter and that you will benefit from Virility, but I may be wrong so don't take my word for it.

UnderWood
11-25-2009, 09:26 PM
well you can't put virility on a woldwarden since virility can only target living models

but can it work on chain attack pitch

jdomin2
11-25-2009, 11:53 PM
I apologize if my first post wasn't clear. I thought that the "living" qualification from Virilty was no longer there in MKII.

If you read virility it states: "a model that is power attack slammed or thrown". Chain attacks aren't necessarily power attacks as worded by chain attack pitch: "If this model hits the same model with both its initial attacks with this weapon it can immediately make one additional melee attack against that model. If the additional attack hits, the target is thrown as if this model had hit with and passed the STR check of a power attack. The thrown model suffers a damage roll equal to this model's STR plus the POW of this weapon".

It doesn't seem that a power attack is actually taking place. The wording points to an additional melee attack that generates a throw like effect. It may appear nitpicky but it is still vague.

To clarify: Does virility add +2 inches to chain attack generated slam and throw effects?

Sorry for the wasteful post at the beginning.