PDA

View Full Version : Fear of God Question

Freeburn
05-11-2011, 09:11 AM
Regarding the Fear of God spell, if I cast it on an enemy solo, warjack or warbeast, does this mean they can't run or charge? The wording of the spell says that the targeted enemy model/unit cannot give orders, receive orders, or make special attacks.

Is a solo considered giving himself a charge or run order and then receiving it? Also, is a jack or warbeast considered being given a charge or run order by their warcaster or warlock?

Thanks in advance.

jandrese
05-11-2011, 09:23 AM
Solos, Jacks, and Warbeasts do not need an order to run or charge.

Freeburn
05-11-2011, 09:36 AM
Awe, really? I mean, it's a pretty good spell, even if it can't prevent a solo, jack or beast from running or charging. But man, if it could, that would RULE!

rahal777
05-11-2011, 10:48 AM
Is a charge not considered a special attack that a unit needs an order to perform?

Eglagrodion
05-11-2011, 10:55 AM
a charge is not even an attack....
a charge is a combination of a movement and an attack.

but yes a unit needs an charge order in order to charge.

Freeburn
05-11-2011, 11:40 AM
Okay, but jandrese was correct with what he said about solos, jacks and beasts, right?

Lanz
05-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Jandrese was correct. The spell still will affect models that have special attacks, however. So, for example, an Angelius' Armor Peirce attack is a Special Attack. Fear of God won't stop an Angelius from charging, but it will stop it from using Armor Peirce.

Freeburn
05-11-2011, 11:53 AM
Right, makes sense. This is how I thought the spell worked, but I was holding out a little hope for that bit of extra goodness. :) Still a great spell.