PDA

View Full Version : Death Toll and Souls

Gamingdevil
05-12-2011, 03:01 AM
Now, I know that when you make a new Bane with Tartarus (or other similar abilities), the model is removed from play and doesn't provide a corpse or soul token (it even helpfully notes so).
But what about when you don't want to or can not make a new Bane (when I don't have models for them or the unit is simply too far away)?
Do I still have to remove the model from play, Death Toll is worded so that you don't have to make a new Bane and the remove from play part is mentioned after that, does it still trigger if you don't use it?

Wording:

When this model destroys a living enemy model with a melee attack, after the attack is resolved you can add one Grunt to a friendly Small-based unit (...) The destroyed model is removed from play but does not provide a soul or corpse token.
Emphasis mine.

So basically, my question is: does the remove-from-play part happen whether or not you use Death Toll? I'm thinking it does, but I'm not sure. (and I can hope :p)

Hjelmen0
05-12-2011, 03:06 AM
The remove from play effect is not dependent on the creation of a new bane thrall, and so happens whether or not you decide to create a new thrall.

Maudlin
05-12-2011, 11:46 PM
Answer is correct.