PDA

View Full Version : Crusher and Additional Attacks

Hashmal
05-12-2011, 11:41 AM
Did a search. My question was mostly answered, but I wanted to check for consensus.

Madrak's Feat, Crusher, allows me to make an additional attack when I destroy one or more enemy models with a melee attack that turn, separate from his feat granting Overtake.

Last week, I played a game in which I was told that additional attacks cannot generate additional attacks. I have no idea where it says this and this is not how I've ever played Madrak. I am aware that some special rules that generate additional attacks stipulate that further attacks may not be generated, but Madrak's feat has no such line.

Is the above a general rule I missed in the rulebook? Can one model in Madrak's army generate multiple additional attacks, assuming he kills one or more models with each attack? This has been my understanding until now.

drachenfels
05-12-2011, 11:56 AM
i think your friend may have been a bit mistaken. an attack cannot generate 'Multiple' additional attacks. If crusher doesnt have a line stating that crusher attacks dont generate additional crusher attacks (As eSkarre's spell Blackspot does) then any models affected by crusher can just mulch through units gaining near unlimited sequential attacks (assuming successful rolling)

Hashmal
05-12-2011, 12:30 PM
any models affected by crusher can just mulch through units gaining near unlimited sequential attacks (assuming successful rolling)

That is what I meant by my use of the word 'multiple.' I did not mean to imply that one attack could generate several simultaneous attacks; merely that, as long as the model continues turning enemy models into compost, he can continue to generate additional attacks.

Valander
05-12-2011, 12:31 PM
That is what I meant by my use of the word 'multiple.' I did not mean to imply that one attack could generate several simultaneous attacks; merely that, as long as the model continues turning enemy models into compost, he can continue to generate additional attacks.
Yup, this is ok. Unless the ability says otherwise, it can continue to "chain" and trigger additional attacks off of the additional attacks. Berserk does this, too.

Edit:
And here's a rules quote for you to back it up. :)

When a model is granted more attacks as a result of an attack it made, it gains only one. If two or more abilities would grant the model another attack as a result of making an attack, its controlling player chooses which ability to apply. The attack is then resolved using the rules for that ability. These attacks can, in turn, earn more attacks of their own.

silverpuppy
05-12-2011, 12:32 PM
thats correct, reference berserk for another example of attacks generating additional attacks. a doom reaver that has an enemy model and two more reavers in his melee would keep generating attacks until all the models in his melee are dead or he missed, regaurdless of them being generated off the initial or another berserk attack

answer above is correct

Hashmal
05-12-2011, 12:34 PM
I feel much less bad about having one Champion conga-line through an entire squad of Sentinels now. Thanks!

A quite related question: say a model has more than one initial attack (the Champions). Do I make both Initial Attacks before resolving any Additional Attacks or are Additional Attacks resolved immediately upon acquiring them?

Valander
05-12-2011, 12:35 PM
I feel much less bad about having one Champion conga-line through an entire squad of Sentinels now. Thanks!

A quite related question: say a model has more than one initial attack (the Champions). Do I make both Initial Attacks before resolving any Additional Attacks or are Additional Attacks resolved immediately upon acquiring them?
Additional attacks are done after all initial attacks, per p. 49:

After resolving these attacks [referring to the bulleted list, which includes initial attacks], a model might be able to make additional attacks.

Hashmal
05-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Groovy. This would also disallow me from making two additional attacks, for example, if both my initial attacks killed separate models. I don't believe you can bank them.

Hey, even got a handy rulebook quote. That'll be quite useful!

Valander, you type fast.

Maudlin
05-13-2011, 12:05 AM
Answers are correct.

DarkLegacy
09-24-2015, 07:10 AM
Correcting a flaw in this thread:
When additional attacks are generated in Step 12D of the Attack Resolution, you make those attacks before continuing on to the other initial attacks. Effects such as Berserk trigger more attacks before you make the rest of your initial attacks. Crusher functions the same. If you have two initial attacks and destroy a model with the first initial attack, you generate an attack from Crusher that you make before continuing to your other initial attacks. Attacks granted by Crusher can generate more attacks, just like Berserk.