PDA

View Full Version : Counter charging Heavy cav questions

Zizzlebit
05-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find it on the forums.

If a model that is heavy cav counter charges a eligible model, and kills the charged model with an impact attack, does the charging model get to make his normal attack against a model in it's melee range as per the normal charge rules?

Rynth
05-12-2011, 12:17 PM
No.
Normal charge rules say advance until you run out of movement or your chosen target in melee range and then you can stop.
Impact attacks happen mid movement.

This means that after the impact attacks the Cav model will continue along its path stopping only when it runs out of movement or has its target in melee range. Once it stops you check to see if the charge was successful. Since the target is dead it will be a failed charge.

silverpuppy
05-12-2011, 12:27 PM
oops I was wrong

vintersbastard
05-12-2011, 02:12 PM
if you kill your charge target with impact attacks your charge is not failed.

Destroying your charge target with an impact attack will indeed cause your charge to fail, because your target is not in melee range at the end of the charge move.

While the normal consequence of a failed charge (i.e. ending your activation) doesn't apply out of activation, the rule book still covers the situation in question. If you fail an out-of-activation charge, you don't make any attack. (Prime, p. 47, last sentence)

Maudlin
05-13-2011, 06:22 AM
All impact attacks happen during movement, so the answers are correct.