PDA

View Full Version : Charge Attacks and Automatic Damage Boost

entropyle
05-12-2011, 02:14 PM
Hey all. I'm new to WM and Hordes, just recently came over from Warhammer 40k. Anyway, I have a question in regards to charge attacks. Say I have a Cryx Slayer that spends focus to charge. As I understand it, the Slayer would get to attack with both its claws and its horns as its initial attack, which would be three seperate attacks. Correct?

Now since it charged, which damage rolls get to boosted? All three of them? Only the first one? Kind of confused with this.

I'm sure I'll have more questions, but thanks!

Kommissar Golovko
05-12-2011, 02:16 PM
Only the first attack off the Slayer is boosted by the charge. The other two attacks, no.

LordWyrmsBane
05-12-2011, 02:19 PM
If you choose to attack with all three weapons, only the first weapon attack is automatically boosted.

That is why when charging with a Slayer, you should use its Combo-Strike ability, as you can also use a special attack on a charge. This allows you to hit with a total of 22 DAM + 3d6! Then, you can give them the horns for a follow-up 12 DAM + 2d6 (unboosted).

entropyle
05-12-2011, 02:22 PM
Right on! Thanks for the quick replies guys!

Lazlo
05-12-2011, 02:28 PM
If you choose to attack with all three weapons, only the first weapon attack is automatically boosted.

That is why when charging with a Slayer, you should use its Combo-Strike ability, as you can also use a special attack on a charge. This allows you to hit with a total of 22 DAM + 3d6! Then, you can give them the horns for a follow-up 12 DAM + 2d6 (unboosted).

You do not get the horns attack if you use Combo Strike. Combo Strike is a Special Attack, which replaces ALL of your initial attacks. If you use Combo Strike, that is your only attack until you start buying more attacks with focus (which doing that for a horn attack would be a bad idea).

Maudlin
05-13-2011, 04:41 AM
Answers are correct.