PDA

View Full Version : Choir of Menoth: Multiple jacks?

Uratoh
05-12-2011, 08:03 PM
A friend of mine who plays Menoth runs multiple units of the Choir because he doesn't think they can affect multiple warjacks from a single unit. The way I read the ability it sounds like each grunt and the leader each sings one chant and may target a different warjack within 3" of that particular model, but they must all use the same chant on a given turn (so all jacks would receive the same benefit). His counter-argument is that the Mk1 card specificly said 'warjacks within' x inches etc are affected, while the Chant in Mk2 says 'warjack' in the singular...

Invaderzahn
05-12-2011, 08:09 PM
Each member of the choir can affect one warjack within 3". Each member has to sing the same hymn.

in MKI is was one big "Pulse" that hit all the 'jacks in range. in MKII it is multiple targeted *Actions, each affecting only one 'jack. Hence the change from plural to singular.

malfred
05-12-2011, 08:10 PM
Card says "RNG 3. Target friendly Faction warjack." Each choir member
must be in 3" of a warjack to use a hymn, and each choir member affects
one jack. So a minimum unit can affect up to four warjacks, a maximum
unit can affect up to six.

Lanz
05-12-2011, 08:18 PM
Tell him to throw out his mk1 cards and stop confusing himself. Mk1 is not mk2. The rules changed. It used to be an AoE centered on the leader that affected 'jacks within range, now each choir member has their own range and each affects one warjack.

NmoLvr
05-13-2011, 03:22 AM
Tell him to throw out his mk1 cards and stop confusing himself. Mk1 is not mk2. The rules changed.

+1 to this. MK1 rules have no place in an MK2 rules question. Lots of things were different back then.

Maudlin
05-13-2011, 06:44 AM
Answers are correct. The choir changed between Mk I and Mk II, Mk I rules should never be used for guidance.