PDA

View Full Version : Corruptor vs Black Spot

Silopolis
05-13-2011, 10:01 AM
My Corruptor shoots and boxes a living model that is under the effect of Black Spot. I decide to use Burster, and the POW 10 AOE kills another model in that unit.

I understand that Burster does not allow a free Black Spot shot, since the model is boxed and then removed. But what about the resulting AOE? Does a model destroyed by the AOE trigger a Black Spot attack?

Valander
05-13-2011, 10:23 AM
I would say no, since the AOE is not the Corruptor's ranged attack in this case, but damage done from a different effect.

BigK42
05-14-2011, 06:53 AM
I would say yes, so long as AoE damage from ranged attacks is still classified as a "ranged attack." The burster effect is an ability of the necrosludge cannon, which gives it a conditional AoE. In the end, the corruptor has killed an enemy model with a ranged attack, which is sufficient to trigger black spot.

As a corollary, if a bloat thrall killed an enemy model with a blast that deviated, it would still be granted another attack from having killed an enemy unit with a ranged attack, yes? Same situation here.

vintersbastard
05-14-2011, 08:11 AM
The burster effect is an ability of the necrosludge cannon, which gives it a conditional AoE.

Actually, it's not, it is an ability of the Corruptor.
Also, it doesn't give the attack an AOE, but it allows you to place an AOE on the table if you fulfil certain conditions.

I agree with Valander, i.e. no Black Spot attack.

Chad
05-15-2011, 10:43 AM
So does that mean that any effect that has a bonus vs. ranged, would not be applicable to the AOE fired from the corruptor? I'm thinking of things like Kruger's deflection.

vintersbastard
05-15-2011, 03:03 PM
So does that mean that any effect that has a bonus vs. ranged, would not be applicable to the AOE fired from the corruptor? I'm thinking of things like Kruger's deflection.

As I already noted, the attack doesn't have an AOE.

Boxing a model with an attack triggers an ability (Burster), which then causes an AOE to enter play.