PDA

View Full Version : Focus as additional Armor

engineerIRL
05-14-2011, 11:11 AM
Does this buff on the caster (any remaining focus is +1 to armer per focus) apply during that casters activation?

I was playing a game last night where my opponent activated his caster in my b-13 mage storm AoE. He said that the focus he had should act as armor, my argument was that it shouldn't because it wasn't unspent focus, and he planned on using it during this turn.

We ended up agreeing on that if he used the focus as armor he couldn't use is for the rest of the turn, but I was wondering what the actual rule for this was.

gomu ningen
05-14-2011, 11:16 AM
unspent focus means that you haven't spent it or haven't spent it yet. so it would add to armor for as long as it is on the model.

Creaux
05-14-2011, 11:28 AM
Totally able to use it as armor and then spend it right after.

engineerIRL
05-14-2011, 01:24 PM
Totally able to use it as armor and then spend it right after.

unspent focus means that you haven't spent it or haven't spent it yet. so it would add to armor for as long as it is on the model.

Thanks for the info! I'm glad this was clarified.

Devilsquid
05-14-2011, 11:57 PM
There have been times where I have kept my focus on my caster, charged through enemy models, and used the arm bonus to shrug off the majority of freestrikes.

It's only spent once it's off the caster. Focus is a powerful tool, with lots of available uses. :)