PDA

View Full Version : Jack Marshal & Ambush

Shado
05-17-2011, 01:21 AM
Model or unit with Ambush, is there any way for them to Ambush and Marshal a Warjack?

I am thinking no... is this correct?

Shadow37
05-17-2011, 03:45 AM
Are you referring to a specific model?

Uratoh
05-17-2011, 03:48 AM
The new magnus tier in NQ36 allows Sword Knights to Ambush, but it also specifys that you can only Ambush with a unit that does NOT have a marshalled jack.

Lanz
05-17-2011, 05:01 AM
I don't think anything about ambush restricts marshaling warjacks, but the warjacks will not gain Ambush, and must still deploy normally. So they'll be marshaled, but obviously might not be in range to get any advantage from it.

Ger
05-17-2011, 09:15 AM
NQ 36's E Magnus tier list specifically states that only a Sword Knight unit without a marshaled jack can ambush with Saxon Orrik.

I'm unsure of how the situation of an ambushing jack marshal works by default. I think the jack does not get to ambush and thus any model that could do it would have a specific rule to tell you otherwise.

In any event the Magnus the Warlord Tier list situation is clear as a bell if you read it.

Shado
05-18-2011, 12:29 AM
Sorry, I did not know there was that clause for the Sword Knights in the Theme list that specified with out a marshaled jack.
It sucks to have to wait an extra two weeks to get No Quarter's out here...

Cloud-Gatherer
05-18-2011, 07:25 AM
And that, folks, is why you don't ask a question in the rules forum unless you have the rule in front of you. :)