PDA

View Full Version : Jack Marshal & Innert Jacks

DeathInFrance
05-17-2011, 04:47 AM
Ok, I'm really confused & I don't have my book with me. So if your caster dies & you choose to keep playing the jacks in his battle group basically shut down. But if they're Jack Marshaled (instead of in a BG) & the Marshal dies they can still make attacks?

Hjelmen0
05-17-2011, 04:51 AM
Correct. A warjack that is in a warcaster's battlegroup becomes inert when it's controller is destroyed. A warjack that is marshaled by a 'jack marshal becomes autonomous when it's controlling 'jack marshal is destroyed.

Inert warjacks "shut down", while autonomous warjacks are still functional, but cannot benefit from the 'jack marshal specific boosts, charge, drives and so forth.

Lanz
05-17-2011, 04:53 AM
Yes. How it works is like this; Uncontrolled warjacks are Autonomous. They just function on their own. Marshaled warjacks are still autonomous warjacks, just they are being given special abilities by a marshal. So when that marshal dies, they just go back to being autonomous again, which means they basically function as a warjack with no focus. Autonomous or inert warjacks whose controller has died can be reactivated by another marshal or warcaster, at which point that warjack joins that model's group. Of course, normal restrictions must be followed. Marshals can only have 2 active 'jacks, can't control character 'jacks, merc marshals can't control faction 'jacks, etc, etc.

DeathInFrance
05-17-2011, 05:11 AM
Cool, I think this covers everything I wanted to know. Thanks a ton guys.