PDA

View Full Version : Druider and Spirit Shift

Kwadjo
05-18-2011, 08:25 AM
Can the Druider Cast Spirit Shift? If so what happens?!?!

I realize most likely nothing would occur since the card dictates what happens when specific models use it. It's just weird to think about that we have a way of casting a spell that ACTUALLY DOSE NOTHING!

fildrigar
05-18-2011, 08:32 AM
The Wilder cannot cast Animi with a range of SELF.

Also, rules questions go in the rules forum.

Kwadjo
05-18-2011, 09:16 AM
The Wilder cannot cast Animi with a range of SELF or Control.

Also, rules questions go in the rules forum.

This isn't a strictly a rules question although I did forget about the self or control part on the wilder's card
I've always wondered why, questions about the interaction between circle abilities are ragged on in the circle forums, if it's just a basic rules question or even a circle ability VS standard rules question i can see relegating it to the rules forum, but if it's question of how circle interacts with itself, seems like it should be accepted here? Secondary Question?

fildrigar
05-18-2011, 10:06 AM
"Can the Druid Wilder cast Sprit Shift?" seems like a rules question to me. If you want to discuss the use of Spirit Shift, by all means, let's discuss it.

The rules forum remains the place for rules questions. This section of the forums is for strategy and tactics, speculation, homebrew rules, fluff discussion, and everthing but rules questions. I do always answer rules questions, even while I'm pointing to the place where they go. The problem with rules questions here, is that if a rules question is asked and answered incorrectly, you might be playing a game at your FLGS and say "but I got an answer in the Circle forums". The rules forum has Infernals watching threads to ensure that a completely correct answer is givin. We can't expect the Infernals to moniter all eleven faction forums for rules questions.

I apologize if my repeated refrain of "Here's the answer; but remember that rules questions go in the rules forum" seem brusk. Tone is hard to convey on the Internet, and I'd just as soon not smiley everything I post. I am also often posting from my phone, and try to keep those posts short.

TL;DR I'm not ragging, but do remember that rules questions go in the rules forums. ;)

Astos
05-18-2011, 01:40 PM
Well, we do have an entire rule-related FAQ (which is amazingly good, by the way, and does address the wilder!) stickied in the forum, so I'm not sure the division is all that pure....

Kwadjo
05-18-2011, 01:48 PM
"Can the Druid Wilder cast Sprit Shift?" seems like a rules question to me. If you want to discuss the use of Spirit Shift, by all means, let's discuss it.

The rules forum remains the place for rules questions. This section of the forums is for strategy and tactics, speculation, homebrew rules, fluff discussion, and everthing but rules questions. I do always answer rules questions, even while I'm pointing to the place where they go. The problem with rules questions here, is that if a rules question is asked and answered incorrectly, you might be playing a game at your FLGS and say "but I got an answer in the Circle forums". The rules forum has Infernals watching threads to ensure that a completely correct answer is givin. We can't expect the Infernals to moniter all eleven faction forums for rules questions.

I apologize if my repeated refrain of "Here's the answer; but remember that rules questions go in the rules forum" seem brusk. Tone is hard to convey on the Internet, and I'd just as soon not smiley everything I post. I am also often posting from my phone, and try to keep those posts short.

TL;DR I'm not ragging, but do remember that rules questions go in the rules forums. ;)

I wasn't talking about the uses of the spell but,(since the wilder) if the the wilder could do the spell what would happen, Game rules wise and imaginative fluff wise as well though i can see that didn't catch at all so the train or thought is dead.

I had no ideal special people watched the rules forums (besides maybe PG's) and hand out non-opinion answers, I now agree that rules should go in the rule forums.
There's certainly no need to apologize, I was completely ignorant of the "Infernals" but now that i do i can see why pointing out that the rules forum is the place to go is important.

fildrigar
05-18-2011, 02:54 PM
Well, we do have an entire rule-related FAQ (which is amazingly good, by the way, and does address the wilder!) stickied in the forum, so I'm not sure the division is all that pure....

Notice that every big or esoteric question in there provides a link to a thread in the rules forum. That because the only place a rules question can be officially answered is the rules forum. If you spend much time in other faction forums, you'll notice most of the rules questions have a little "moved" icon next to them. That's because someone has "reported" the thread, and a mod has come along and moved it to the appropriate forum. I'd rather answer the question, and remind the poster to post rules questions in the appropriate place in the future. It seems rude to me to report threads. ( I'd also rather not make more work for the mods, who are all volunteers. )

I greatly appreciate that thread, Ruan has done a very good job compiling it and maintaining it.

Ruan
05-18-2011, 07:57 PM
*bows* I try.

Basically the rule of thumb I use is to look at a) actual rules, b) Infernal for clarification, then c) community for clarification if an Infernal has not weighed in on something.

Do note that my FAQ generally isn't for the answering of rules questions, as I made very clear in my opening post - rather, it's for compiling existing answers into one easy to access FAQ. Every so often one does get answered from there, but generally that's when it's a decent enough question that it seems logical to add it to the FAQ.

Speaking of which, I still need to get around to adding those clarifications to Counter-slam/Admonition interaction.