PDA

View Full Version : trample over machine wraths?

FiddyBucks
05-18-2011, 02:16 PM
Trample can not go over medium based units, but since Incorporeal models can be moved through freely can you trample over them? or can they become corporeal to stop the trample?

mikelizzio
05-18-2011, 02:25 PM
IIRC, incorporeal models can move through other models, but other models can not move through them.

SpiralingCadaver
05-18-2011, 02:26 PM
They definitely can't become corporeal at will. I'm not sure, but I think that you'd be able to trample through one.

Valander
05-18-2011, 02:32 PM
IIRC, incorporeal models can move through other models, but other models can not move through them.
It works both ways, actually:

Other models, including slammed, pushed, or thrown models, can move through this model without effect if they have enough movement to move completely past it.
Also, since free strikes (which the Machine Wraith, or any other incorporeal model) would be eligible to do are not resolved until after the movement of the trample is completed, it wouldn't cause that sticky situation of becoming corporeal when making the free strike while part of the base would still be overlapping.

I believe there is precedent for stating that models that can move through other models do not "contact" them, so this would not trigger the clause of trampling which states it will stop if it contacts a medium or larger sized base.

Deakon
05-18-2011, 02:42 PM
https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?61833-Trample-and-Artifice-of-Deviation&highlight=trample

FiddyBucks
05-18-2011, 05:47 PM
If the trampling model has the ability to move through other models, it does not have to stop when it contacts a medium or larger based model during it's trample movement.

is the ruling from the other thread.

Snoitpo
05-19-2011, 06:36 PM
I just began reading this thread and have come upon a mathematical technicality that might raise questions. I have worked through this in my mind as I wrote it and come to new conclusions.
1. If the trampling model moves over an incorporeal model, at some point the incorporeal model would have the other model move out of its melee range and in turn incur a free strike.
2. While it makes its free strike it becomes corporeal while the other model would be on top of it. It would suddenly become being trampled.
3. A model being trampled can't make a free strike against the trampling model.

I then remembered that the free strikes happen after the trampling model makes its attacks and the free strikes don't happen until after that so the model wouldn't become corporeal until after the trample movement was finished.

Though the incorporeal model was not effected by the trample, would it get a free strike since the trampling model did in fact pass over its base?

Valander
05-19-2011, 06:49 PM
Yes, the incorporeal model would still be able to make a free strike, though as you mention that would not take place until after the trample movement.

Tom Servo
05-20-2011, 08:39 AM
Yes, the incorporeal model would still be able to make a free strike, though as you mention that would not take place until after the trample movement.

Furthermore, it doesn't even have to make the freestrike.