PDA

View Full Version : Knocked Down + Critical Hit

Knodd Olaffsen
05-19-2011, 01:52 AM
Hi everybody,

after i've searced the forums for some time, i couldn't find the answer to my question so i decided to make a new thread:

Rule says that a model that is knocked down is automatically hit by all melee attacks.

The question is, do I have to make an attack roll to see if the hit is critical or is an automatic hit never critical?

Thanks,

Thomas

Iff
05-19-2011, 02:00 AM
You have the option to roll attack dice and score a critical, even if the attack would normally hit automatically. However, it comes at the risk that the attack is a miss:

Some special rules cause attacks to hit automatically or miss automatically. If a special rule causes an attack to hit automatically, you do not have to make an attack roll. If you do make a roll (because you want to try for a critical hit, for example), the attack no longer hits automatically. If the attack roll fails, the attack misses.

Kommissar Golovko
05-19-2011, 02:01 AM
An automatic hit is not a critical. If you want to roll to get the critical, you can but if you roll double (or triple if you can boost) "1"s then it's an automatic miss.

Knodd Olaffsen
05-19-2011, 02:09 AM
Thank you guys, this is exactly the answer i hoped to get!
:)

Iff
05-19-2011, 03:12 AM
An automatic hit is not a critical. If you want to roll to get the critical, you can but if you roll double (or triple if you can boost) "1"s then it's an automatic miss.
This isn't correct. If you choose to roll the dice, you miss if your MAT+roll doesn't equal the target's DEF as normal, not only on all 1's. See the part of the rulebook I quoted above.

Hjelmen0
05-19-2011, 03:16 AM
And remember that a knocked down or stationary target has base DEF 5.