PDA

View Full Version : New Trample, Invalid Position etc

Steamworks
05-19-2011, 01:22 PM
So, if I Trample to an invalid position, let's say halfway across a small base, do I still get my trample attack against the small based model after the trampler is reset to the last legal position?

Valander
05-19-2011, 01:25 PM
My guess is no, because you did not move across that model's base, which is now a requirement for trample attacks.

kidsyndrome
05-19-2011, 01:42 PM
don't you have to end in a spot the model's base can fully occupy? how could you end up half on another model?

Valander
05-19-2011, 01:49 PM
don't you have to end in a spot the model's base can fully occupy? how could you end up half on another model?
Right, you can't. What Steamworks is asking is basically what happens if his trample movement would extend to a point that would be partially on a model's base (meaning, it still had some movement left upon reaching base-to-base contact). But as you say, the trample rules state that you have to have room to place the trampling model's base, and you cannot overlap bases, which results in the trampling model only coming into contact with the other model, not moving over it.

And since it has been stated that the intent of trample is that you make attacks against models you cross over, not just contact, you would not be able to make a trample attack in Steamworks' scenario.