PDA

View Full Version : Field of Talons vs. Knights Exemplar

msteelers
05-19-2011, 07:57 PM
Earlier tonight we ran into this situation. I used the Old Witch's feat Field of Talons, and the following turn my opponent moved his Knights Exemplar unit (there were 3 members remaining in the unit) in to try and kill the Old Witch. Knights Examplar has Band of Brothers, which adds +1 ARM for each member of the unit that is destroyed.

I killed the first Knight with the POW 14 roll. Should the other knights gain the ARM bonus or is Field of Talons simultaneous on the unit, meaning the ARM bonus doesn't kick in until after all of the attacks are finalized?

blitzmonkey
05-19-2011, 08:05 PM
Field of Talons says "While in the Old Witche's control area, enemy models cannot run, charge, or make special attacks. Enemy models that advance and end their movement in the Old Witch's control area immediately suffer an unboostable POW 14 DMG roll. Field of Talons last one round."

Emphasis is mine.

After each ends their movement, they take the hit. Thus, the next one would gain the benefit if one dies.

msteelers
05-19-2011, 08:15 PM
After each ends their movement, they take the hit. Thus, the next one would gain the benefit if one dies.

Thanks. That's how we played it, but wanted to make sure.