PDA

View Full Version : Tell Me I'm Over-thinking Steamroller Rules

2LiveIs2Die
05-20-2011, 07:16 AM
This may seem like nitpicking the wording of the steam roller pack but that's because it is.

Zone: "...For a unit to control a zone the unit must contain 50% or more of its starting number (rounding up) and all remaining models must be within the same zone..."

Starting Number: "The number of models that a model/unit choice provides based on the army point cost paid. If a model/unit doesn?t begin the game with all purchased models in play, the starting number is still considered to be the number stated on the stat card for the point cost paid."

Goreshade's feat allows you to put a unit of bane thralls free of paying any army point costs into play during the game. Since you do not pay a cost for them and they do not start in play can they control a zone? In the wording of how controlling a zone works I see no reason they should be able to. Maybe I'm just over thinking it.

Hacksaw76
05-20-2011, 07:53 AM
The Bane Thralls for Goreshade's feat use a stat card for a min unit for the purposes of control and other scoring ;) Yes, they are eligible to score. This wording was intended for units that can gain members. In this case the unit starts at 6 but doesn't start in play.

2LiveIs2Die
05-20-2011, 07:01 PM
The Bane Thralls for Goreshade's feat use a stat card for a min unit for the purposes of control and other scoring ;) Yes, they are eligible to score. This wording was intended for units that can gain members. In this case the unit starts at 6 but doesn't start in play.

Sure, thats how it is intended, i won't argue that. It just doesn't look that way from the wording of the rules.

Alviaran
05-21-2011, 01:18 AM
Sure, thats how it is intended, i won't argue that. It just doesn't look that way from the wording of the rules.

Trust Hacksaw on this. The man knows SR better than any of us. To my knowledge, he wrote most of it.

Maudlin
05-21-2011, 10:22 AM
Yeah, on SR questions, Hacksaw's as definitive as it comes.