PDA

View Full Version : Unbound, battlegroups and minion solos

Alessander
05-20-2011, 11:49 AM
does Wrongeye & Snapjaw count as a solo or as a BG in Unbound?

Sevwall
05-20-2011, 11:50 AM
Solo and Independant warbeast.

KujakuDM
05-20-2011, 12:26 PM
In saying that, When Wrongeye activates you activate all his controlled beasts. They do not count against the activation limits. Same goes for Journyman and Jackmarshals.

If I remember correctly

SpiralingCadaver
05-20-2011, 12:27 PM
Actually, just a solo (warjacks/beasts attached to lesser locks/marshals activate the same turn as their controller), I believe.

Hjelmen0
05-21-2011, 03:22 AM
Not correct, SpiralingCadaver and KujakuDM. A lesser warlock is a solo, and the beasts in it's battlegroup activate entirely independent of their controller. The same thing goes for 'jack marshals.

SpiralingCadaver
05-21-2011, 08:37 AM
The last ΒΆ on page 44:

When a model activates, any warjacks or warbeasts the model or unit controls must also activate this turn. This includes warjacks and warbeasts controlled by 'jack marshals and lesser warlocks.What does that mean, then? It doesn't sound independent. I'm also not very familiar with Hordes, what's a "wild" warbeast, because, if it's one without a controller, then there would be no clause allowing a warbeast that's part of a lesser warlock's battlegroup. Similarly, isn't an independent jack one that was marshaled, but its controller died (or, in a couple corner cases, one summoned by the withershadow combine, and the Avatar is just independent)? (Vs. a jack marshaled jack.)

KujakuDM
05-21-2011, 10:42 AM
As I take it, when activating a jack marshal you must activate the controlled jack as well that turn. I took it as bieng automatic and not counting against your activations as you only get so many a turn.

Lets say you activated 4 jack marshal solos, each controlling 2 jacks. they must activate but you can only activate 4 independent warjacks turn, what do the other 4 do?

I took it to mean that they did not count as activations, but I'm not sure now.

fatetwister64
05-21-2011, 11:09 AM
Lets say you activated 4 jack marshal solos, each controlling 2 jacks. they must activate but you can only activate 4 independent warjacks turn, what do the other 4 do?

One marshal and 2 of your jacks can go each of your 4 rounds.

Alessander
05-21-2011, 04:54 PM
So does snapjaw (and any other gator beasts that you buy for Wrongeye) count as an independant beasts? Even though Snapjaw and all beasts in WE's group count as being in a single battlegroup?

Dvortus
05-22-2011, 03:47 PM
The warbeasts attached to lesser Warlocks, Jack Marshalled warjacks, and the Warjacks in the Journey Warcaster's battlegroup do not fall into the "Independent warjacks and wild warbeasts" category. The ONLY things that are covered by this category are: warjacks whose Jack Marshall has died, and warbeasts whose controlling Warlock has died. Any other jack or beast that isn't in a full warcaster/warlock's battlegroup activates the same turn as its controlling unit or solo does, and does not take an additional activation slot.