PDA

View Full Version : Don't have to move at all fleeing?

dancater
01-13-2010, 08:15 AM
Again people I appologise if I bring up questions already addressed that I cannot find answers to.

Am I reading the rules correctly when they say a unit is required to flee but may flee 0" and can otherwise only rally in its turn? It can effectively stay unmoving indefinitely if it chooses?

So there would be no automatic unit break/removed from table for % of casualties received (or a last man standing rule)?

A unit which charges a terrifying or abominable entity will halt a 3"(abominable) or inside melee range (its or the charging models if either have reach??) if it fails the test then stand immobile until its next activation correct??

So essentially a unit of any size does effectively never actually have to flee an actual distance and can always rally if it is inside command in some fashion (either with the unit commander {including itself potentially if it is the sole remaining figure} or a nearby commander unit)?

Also if a unit of models move forwards you roll command as soon as a single model from the unit closes with a abominable/terrifying enemy or after the whole unit has moved?

If the first model triggers and it was in command at the commencement of the charge (it could move out of command in the process of its charge) this would mean the entire unit in command is subject to the flee result when it fails? If so do all the models immediately forfeit (or do they only have the option to retreat abandoning their poor comrade) or are they moved into range beside their comrade who triggered and then forfeit actions until the rally??

Fleeing rules are a little sparse as I read them in Mk2 WM rules barely 2 pages and it left many questions in my mind.

blue loki
01-13-2010, 08:33 AM
You can run 0" when fleeing; think of it as cowering in place.

Nothing can be forced (or volunteer for that matter) to leave the table unless it is killed or removed from play, or has some special rule allowing the model to leave the table, such as a burrower.

DarkLegacy
01-13-2010, 08:37 AM
Blue Loki has the right of it.

TheUnknownMercenary
01-13-2010, 08:46 AM
First off, please do one question per thread, this is part of the rules for this forum and Infernals will most liekly not answer threads with multiple questions.

Am I reading the rules correctly when they say a unit is required to flee but may flee 0" and can otherwise only rally in its turn? It can effectively stay unmoving indefinitely if it chooses?

Yes any fleeing model (or unit) may run 0 inches when it flees but the model or unit is still considered to have run.

So there would be no automatic unit break/removed from table for % of casualties received (or a last man standing rule)?

I am not sure what you are exactly asking here. Once an unit is fleeing it will not make another check to see if it is fleeing because of massive causlities because it is already fleeing. If you are asking if the models in a unit flee of the table then NO because in MKII models will not flee off the table. Fleeing models stay on the table they just run around the table.

A unit which charges a terrifying or abominable entity will halt a 3"(abominable) or inside melee range (its or the charging models if either have reach??) if it fails the test then stand immobile until its next activation correct??

The charging model that fails it's command check from terror or abomination after it moves will ends it's activation without making any attacks. For units you make the command check after all members of the unit finish moving, which is before you make any attacks.

So essentially a unit of any size does effectively never actually have to flee an actual distance and can always rally if it is inside command in some fashion (either with the unit commander {including itself potentially if it is the sole remaining figure} or a nearby commander unit)?

A unit/model can flee 0 inches but it will not rally until it passes a command check, which is 2d6 and the roll has to be equal or less than the command of either the unit leader or another model with the commander abiltiy.

Also if a unit of models move forwards you roll command as soon as a single model from the unit closes with a abominable/terrifying enemy or after the whole unit has moved?

As I said before you make the command check after you move the entire unit.

If the first model triggers and it was in command at the commencement of the charge (it could move out of command in the process of its charge) this would mean the entire unit in command is subject to the flee result when it fails? If so do all the models immediately forfeit (or do they only have the option to retreat abandoning their poor comrade) or are they moved into range beside their comrade who triggered and then forfeit actions until the rally??

The first model will trigger the command check but you do not make the check until after you move all models in the unit so this question is pointless.