PDA

View Full Version : Flying Lich Lord Aspxisios + Feat

Awk
01-13-2010, 01:02 PM
Is it possible for Lich Lord Aspxisios to be thrown by one of his jacks towards an enemy warcaster, get up (forfitting movement), cast his feat, bring back 10 bane (thrall or knight) who then charge my warcaster thereby killing him?

Also, if one of the said units brought back by Asphxisios?s feat is Tartarus, can he curse my warcaster first, before he and all his Banes charge in for the kill?

Just checking b/c this put Asphxisios kill range at a pretty far range.

DemonCalibre
01-13-2010, 01:08 PM
Models that are knocked down can not get up in the same turn.

Drillermaniac
01-13-2010, 01:09 PM
You could only do this if there was some way to prevent Asphyxious from getting KD'd.

BilesyBelcher
01-13-2010, 03:04 PM
Yes, Tartarus can curse your caster. He and all Bane units will receive the +2 to hit and +2" of movement when charging the cursed target.

greenlock
01-13-2010, 03:12 PM
That threat isn't all that far even if it worked. Charging a modell with Asphyxious would probably net you a higher threat than the STR/2" a jack could throw you.

Mod_Redphantasm
01-13-2010, 03:34 PM
That threat isn't all that far even if it worked. Charging a modell with Asphyxious would probably net you a higher threat than the STR/2" a jack could throw you.

Charging? Try walking.

greenlock
01-13-2010, 11:13 PM
No, charging gives further threat than walking does. You can charge your own model to make sure you are not out of meleerange at the end of the charge, feat and place the models and then teleport back all without hitting your own model if you like. 3" further placement than walking would have given you.

Eidt: But we really shouldn't have this discussion in the rules forum. Feel free to PM me or post a thread in the cryx forums.

Awk
01-14-2010, 05:37 AM
Thanks for clarifying that up. Maybe I was still stuck in MKI b/c I thought that a knocked down model could activate in the same turn.

Thanks.

Mod_Redphantasm
01-14-2010, 06:25 AM
Pg 64

a knocked down model can stand up at the start of its next activation unless it was knocked down during its controller’s turn; in that case it cannot stand up until its
controller’s next turn even if it has not yet activated this turn.

pg 55

if a thrown model cannot be knocked down it must still forfeit its action or movement if it activates later in a turn in which it was thrown.