PDA

View Full Version : Berserk Question

DemonCalibre
05-30-2011, 10:13 PM
This came up in an event I ran, and I wasn't sure if precedent had changed.

The question is can you do anything between berserk swings?(like cast a spell, or feat, or whatnot)

This comes down to berserk having the word immediately, in MK1 this word didn't mean anything, and you could cast spells and whatnot between swings, but is this the cast in MK2 because immediately would imply it must be the next thing you do which would leave no spaces to cast spells.

khadoran wargod
05-30-2011, 10:27 PM
immediately meant the same thing in MK1. Right after you completely resolve the initial attack that caused the "immediate" reaction, you make the immediate reaction. The only things i can think of that would be opposed to this are the enemy model actions that are triggered after said reaction, something like Enliven from a PoM Vassal. After taking damage, target warjack wanders off? So, you make your attack, damage the jack, it walks out of your model's melee range then you make your berserk attack immediately after the first attack was resolved (enliven included).

*edit: I got sidetracked there. the immediate attack cannot be preceded by some other action on the part of the activated model's behalf. a spell you wish to cast, or animus or something to be forced must wait until after the "immediate" actions are resolved.

Jacobus
05-30-2011, 10:30 PM
I know if you trigger multiple things at once you can choose which order. EG. A WarpWolf Stalker with Kromac can trigger Warpath and Beserk with one kill, and choose to move first with Warpath.
Well at least that's the way we have been playing it.

DemonCalibre
05-30-2011, 10:45 PM
Actually you would have to move first with Warpath, that is covered in the timing rules as the active player all non-attacks go first.

and unless I am spacing out(always possible) that was not the case in MK1, there were several rulings that indicated that immediately was meant nothing in the context of the rules because the rules(in mk1) till much later never covered what happened when two immediatelies happened(Say Shadow Shift, and Berserk)