PDA

View Full Version : 2 Gator Rules Questions

Wispur
05-31-2011, 10:06 AM
Hello, I'm very new to gators (haven't even played a game with them yet), and have two pretty simple rules questions.

1. Am I reading it right that Each model is a gatorman posse has 8 health? I don't think I am reading it right because that sounds like too much health just for infantry, I mean that's the kind of health strong solos have. So what does the "8 ea" mean than?

2. If the Bokor in a gatorman posse dies, from what I understand of the squad rules in the main rulebook, another gatorman gets promoted to Leader to take his place. Is that correct?

Thank you for taking the time to answer. :)

Valander
05-31-2011, 10:11 AM
1. Yes, each model has 8 health.

2. Yes, I believe so, but I don't have the cards/book here with me. If the Bokor is just a "Leader" and not "Officer" (he doesn't have the :Officer: symbol on his stat line), then he will follow the normal rules for Field Promotion.

bnf
05-31-2011, 10:32 AM
2. Yes, I believe so, but I don't have the cards/book here with me. If the Bokor is just a "Leader" and not "Officer" (he doesn't have the :Officer: symbol on his stat line), then he will follow the normal rules for Field Promotion.

He is indeed not an officer and you can therefore use the prayers until the entire unit is wiped out.

Wispur
05-31-2011, 10:41 AM
Thank you for the replies!

Wow...
8 health, I love the gators more and more!

I actually remembered a third question I had.

Under the Wrong Eye & Snapjaw description it says that Wrong Eye is a Solo, and not a Warlock, does this mean that I could include him in even small games, like 15 pts, even though you can normally only have 1 Warlock at that points level? So at 15, 25, 25 points, I could have both him and Barnabas?
I think that's how it works, but I just want to double check.

Thanks again!

Amarel
05-31-2011, 10:43 AM
Yes, that's right (with regards to WE&S) - he's a Solo with attached Warbeast, not a 'proper' Warlock.

tuttleboy
05-31-2011, 10:58 AM
Just a quick heads up for the OP, 8 wounds on medium based infantry is not uncommon. Of the armies I own or have owned all Man-O-War on medium bases from Khador, Exemplar Bastions and Exemplar Cinerators, and Tharn Ravagers all have 8 wounds.

Wispur
05-31-2011, 11:28 AM
Thank you all very much for the help. :)