PDA

View Full Version : Hordes Delaying Cont Fire?

Drthnian
05-31-2011, 10:16 AM
Hey guys,

I was playing a game the other day on Vassal, and it was my first time playing a Hordes army (he played circle orboros), and he told me about a rule that I didn't think was correct.

He told me that a warlock can spend a fury point and delay any continuous fire effects from anyone in his battlegroup for one round. He didn't say go away, he just said the damage is delayed until his next turn. Then he went on to say he could delay it again, and again, and again, etc.

This didn't really make sense to me, but I didn't dispute it because its a pain to dispute stuff on Vassal. Is this true, or was he just making it up?

Thanks!

Valander
05-31-2011, 10:18 AM
There is no such rule.

Edited to add:
At least, not in the core mechanics. I'm not 100% familiar with all the Circle warlocks, so it's possible one of them might have such an ability, but I doubt it.

bakaryu
05-31-2011, 10:20 AM
If he has leftover fury (before leaching) he can transfer the damage, but there is no such rule about delaying the damage. Tell him he is full of it.

Valander
05-31-2011, 10:24 AM
If he has leftover fury (before leaching) he can transfer the damage, but there is no such rule about delaying the damage. Tell him he is full of it.
He would only be able to transfer damage done to the warlock to a warbeast. There is no way to "delay" damage from a continuous effect on a warbeast in the battlegroup by spending a Fury off the warlock, though.

bakaryu
05-31-2011, 10:26 AM
He would only be able to transfer damage done to the warlock to a warbeast. There is no way to "delay" damage from a continuous effect on a warbeast in the battlegroup by spending a Fury off the warlock, though.

Of course, I was referring to damage done to the warlock :)

YoungJohn
05-31-2011, 10:26 AM
He's either or a cheater, or a newbie, thinking as well as removing things like knockdown, he can resolve other states.

wazatdingder
05-31-2011, 10:28 AM
I have heard that there is a lot of cheating on vassal.

DemonCalibre
05-31-2011, 02:07 PM
Shake Effects can be used for two things.

Knock Down and stationary.

You were taken advantage of, nothing in the game currently delays continuous effects, they are either doing their thing, or expired.(though while they are doing their thing you might not care depending on the model and situation)

vintersbastard
05-31-2011, 02:09 PM
Tell him he is full of it.

Even better, tell him to give you a page number. ;)

Drthnian
06-01-2011, 05:40 PM
Thanks guys, I figured as much, but I'd thought I'd check.

Gavriel
06-02-2011, 08:51 PM
Notably, fire occurs after you remove all fury from your warlock and before you leach, so there is also no way to transfer damage rolls caused by fire.

R0cket88
06-02-2011, 09:01 PM
Notably, fire occurs after you remove all fury from your warlock and before you leach, so there is also no way to transfer damage rolls caused by fire.

You don't remove the fury from the warlock. If the war lock has fury from the previous round, they can transfer the damage.

Draxos
06-02-2011, 09:43 PM
Notably, fire occurs after you remove all focusfrom your warlock and before you replenish, so there is also no way to transfer damage rolls caused by fire.

Fixed that for ya

smw356
06-02-2011, 10:46 PM
Uh you can most definitely transfer damage from fire (assuming you have the fury before leeching)

frazerpenman
06-03-2011, 12:33 AM
Just to be thorough Warlocks discard fury in excess of their fury stat during the maintenance phase.