PDA

View Full Version : Blast damage halved?

Verthantine
06-01-2011, 01:10 AM
A rather confusing argument cropped up at my LGS about halving the blast damage printed on the card for units like Kovnik Markov when he uses his warhead ability or the bloat thrall's explosion and another side said they deal the full printed value to units and the blast damage is only treated as blast damage for purposes of spells or animi that make a unit ignore blast damage. Which is correct?

Iff
06-01-2011, 01:32 AM
You don't halve the damage. Halving the damage is only done on an AOE attack.

See this thread for more explanation:
https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?36895-Bloat-thrall-death-explosion&highlight=bloat

tsochung
06-01-2011, 02:29 AM
you only halve the pow of the weapon or spell when an AOE attack doesn't tell you how much pow it deal to those non direct hit model

sadakuno
06-17-2011, 11:50 AM
Ok so I'm a bit confused on this still too...So for any normal attack that just has an aoe, the hit model takes the full damage, but everyone else takes half correct? But if an attack says "models under the template take a POW 12 blast damage roll" then everyone takes the pow 12 hit and not pow 6? So for example, if a devastator uses rain of death, is everyone within 3'' taking a pow 18?

KhisanthMagus
06-17-2011, 11:56 AM
The reason they specify that it is blast damage is for units that ignore blast damage. You only halve the damage for weapons/spells that say they are AoE.

Mod_Redphantasm
06-17-2011, 11:56 AM
Ok so I'm a bit confused on this still too...So for any normal attack that just has an aoe, the hit model takes the full damage, but everyone else takes half correct? But if an attack says "models under the template take a POW 12 blast damage roll" then everyone takes the pow 12 hit and not pow 6? So for example, if a devastator uses rain of death, is everyone within 3'' taking a pow 18?

You are correct on all points except for the devestator.

The Devestator specifically states that Models B2B with this model suffer a POW 18 blast damage roll. Other models within 3˝ of this model
suffer a POW 9 blast damage roll. It's quite specific about who takes what damage.

sadakuno
06-17-2011, 12:07 PM
You are correct on all points except for the devestator.

The Devestator specifically states that Models B2B with this model suffer a POW 18 blast damage roll. Other models within 3˝ of this model
suffer a POW 9 blast damage roll. It's quite specific about who takes what damage.

er right right that's what i meant ^^; I was just skimming over the page when typing and saw pow 18 and 3'' so...but thanks for cleaing this up