PDA

View Full Version : Rules for power/star attacks vs Knocked Down models

Bishop_melb
01-13-2010, 04:00 PM
Can you use a power or star attack against a knocked down model?
If so (or not) which ones do work (or not) and do the rules change considering the target is already knocked down?

eg.
Can you Throw/Two-handed Throw a knocked down model?
If so:
- is it an auto-hit (target KD)?
- is it still an opposed strength roll (any minuses/bonuses considering KD)?
- etc

Can you Charge a knocked down model?

Can you Slam a knocked down model?

Can you Push a knocked down model?

Can you Headbutt a knocked down model?

Can you Lock a knocked down models head/arm/weapon/shield etc?

etc, etc.

Thanks
Mark

Valander
01-13-2010, 04:27 PM
p. 63
A melee attack roll against a knocked down model
automatically hits. A knocked down model has a base DEF
of 5. A knocked down model does not block line of sight
and is never an intervening model. A knocked down model
cannot be locked or moved by a slam.

p. 52
During its activation, a model can attempt to slam any
model that is in its line of sight at the beginning of its
normal movement. A knocked down model cannot be
moved by a slam.Most of those situations are specifically covered in the rule book. In short, if under the action you're wanting to do it isn't prohibited against knocked down models, you can do it, though keep in mind some things won't have any effect. For example, while you can head-butt a knocked down model (and automatically hit), the only effect of a head-butt is a damage roll with a POW equal to attacker's STR and being knocked-down. Since knocked down doesn't stack, you'd be better off in most cases just doing a melee attack.

On the throw/2-h throw, yes, you can do it. It's an auto-hit, since it's a melee attack, and there's nothing that indicates the STR checks have any kind of modifiers.

Vantm
01-13-2010, 10:41 PM
as far as i know...

you cannot throw a KD model, KD model is immobile, thus directly hit by mellee attacks, has a base def of 5, and cannot be moved

so, slams, throws, headbutts, and push, has no effect other than damage to a knocked down model

i'm not very sure about locks, but if i remember it corectlly, a lock is broken if one of the models in a lock is knocked down, so i'm guessing, no, KD model cannot be locked

but a KD model can be charged, and it's an auto hit

mazgier
01-13-2010, 11:48 PM
as far as i know...

you cannot throw a KD model, KD model is immobile, thus directly hit by mellee attacks, has a base def of 5, and cannot be moved

so, slams, throws, headbutts, and push, has no effect other than damage to a knocked down model

i'm not very sure about locks, but if i remember it corectlly, a lock is broken if one of the models in a lock is knocked down, so i'm guessing, no, KD model cannot be locked

but a KD model can be charged, and it's an auto hit

There are only 2 things mentioned in the rules that are described as "a knocked down model can not be...". And those are armlock/headlock and move as a result of a slam. So everything else is fairy legal.

Hjelmen0
01-14-2010, 12:35 AM
I don't know where you've got that "KD models are immobile", because it's not correct. Mazgier is right, you can throw a knocked down model. Only slams and weapon-/headlocks are not allowed against a target that is knocked down.

mazgier
01-14-2010, 12:42 AM
Only slams and weapon-/headlocks are not allowed against a target that is knocked down.
Just to be precise: you can slam a KD targed. It's just that it won't move after being slammed.